Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What waterproof phone bag/jersey pouch
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m after a small case/pouch I can put in a jersey pocket that will hold my phone (Samsung S6), money, keys etc. Needs to be weather proof – any suggestions?

fifeandy
    Free Member

A 10p ziplock freezer bag from Tesco

steve_b77
    Free Member

Lezyne phone caddy is perfect

mikey74
    Free Member

I use this:

https://www.alpkit.com/products/padded-cell

Seems to work well.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Freezer bag/sandwich bag is fine for a phone and cash but I wouldn’t keep a phone in the same bag as keys.

Pocpac pouches are good

The alpkit bags look okay but ‘Note : these cells do not have heat sealed seams and are not waterproof!’

prawny

I use the really cheap sandwich bags off a roll, cost per bag probably less 0.5p.

I use them until they get a hole in, probably a couple of weeks to a month then get a fresh one. I tried to use a pouch, but they’re not as flexible and take up more pocket space.

My iphone has stayed bone dry since last december.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I use Ikea sandwich bags (the green ones). 95p for a box of 60 and they last a couple of rides. I have tried all sorts of pouches and covers but nothing has been much good or reliable. The worst being a pocpac bought from the cycleshow. Lasted about 5 minutes and the warranty replacement didnt fare any better.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00233778/

fasthaggis

I wouldn’t keep a phone in the same bag as keys.

Tsk!
    That’s what your inner tube key shield is for 🙄 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

The worst being a pocpac bought from the cycleshow. Lasted about 5 minutes and the warranty replacement didnt fare any better.

I’ve used two pocpac tool pouches for a couple of years for carrying inner tubes/co2/multi tool/keys on road rides. They’ve lasted really well and don’t show any signs of falling apart yet.

That’s what your inner tube key shield is for

Still wouldn’t keep that in the same bag/pouch as a phone.

mikey74
    Free Member

The alpkit bags look okay but ‘Note : these cells do not have heat sealed seams and are not waterproof!’

They’ve survived plenty of wet days in the pocket of my shorts without letting in a single drop of moisture.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Always a bit worried that plastic bag type ones will slip out of the jersey pocket.

Leznye one looks good but will it fit bigger smart phones?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

phone in a sea to summit neoprene cover, then that along with keys, wallet all in ziplock bag.

CraigW
    Free Member

Alpkit Aqua Wallit is nice for a phone, it is waterproof. It is kind of rubbery material, so shouldn’t slip out of your pocket. Though maybe a bit too small for some of those larger smartphones.
    Hydra Wallit / Regular / Tarmac

steve_b77
    Free Member

MRanger156 – Member
    Always a bit worried that plastic bag type ones will slip out of the jersey pocket.

Leznye one looks good but will it fit bigger smart phones?

If it’s this one you’ve looked at then it will take an S6 snugly (I have one so I know first had, iPhone 6 will also just fit) so it doesn’t move around, it won’t fit with a protective case, but the bare phone fits just nicely. There’s even space behind it for notes etc.

There’s a little zipped pocket on the back that will take a couple of keys and loose change, there’s also 3 card slots that accept £10 & £20 notes nicely.

It’s slightly grippy so stays put in your jersey pocket too.

downshep

I bought this size of Aquapac years ago. The silicone material is similar to a camelbak and very durable. It has saved my phones many a time when running, cycling, on the beach, out boating or hillwalking. I always use non-waterproof phones with expandable memory and a removable battery so a decent waterproof case is pretty worthwhile.

scuttler

You can’t have too many IKEA ziplock bags (all sizes) in your life. Just don’t go buying them at a weekend as no amount of miracle-product can justify going near that place on a weekend.

iainc

I bought the Lezyne one and returned it as my Iphone 6 with a slim rubber back cover wouldn’t fit in.

I have one of those poncy Rapha leather ones that I use on road bike on all but proper wet days, in which case I still use but put the iphone in a wee plastic bag first and it still just fits.

benp1

Aloksak for me

Been using the same one daily for well over a year

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

I’ll third the recommendation on ikea bags, quality.. Last a few rides

taxi25
    Free Member

Lezyne do a variety of sizes, mine has a tube, tyre levers and a chain tool with room for a phone. It fits perfectly into my jersey pocket and has lasted for years. Sod your Tesco freezer bags buy the right kit for the job you cheepskates 😀

Pieface

Years ago I bought an A5 Ortlieb document pouch, but looking at investing in the Aquapac. Bulky mind so when I need a slimline pack just use a ziplock bag but the Ortlieb is bomb-proof.

nickc

I use an aquapac, like that one up there. It’s excellent. I use a lanyard around my neck for key, wouldn’t put a key in my pocket.

peekay

Ortlieb A5 sized document wallet.

Am on my second now, the first one having lasted me over 10 years through lots of running, riding, commuting, outdoorsy and military stuff. Used almost every day.

Costs about £10

Touch screens work through it, although bought the first one before this was needed.

‘Grippy’ rubber plastic means that it will sit comfortably between the waistband of shorts and hip without slipping when sweaty and running. This means no need to faff with bum bags and phone specific cases.

Texture also means less likely to fall out of a jersey pocket or slip out of the bag like it could with a sandwich bag.

Slightly bigger than most phones so no compatability issues.

Waterproof enough to swim with phones and valuables.

Also useful to keep passport, docs, keys etc in when traveling.

Texture also makes it easy to find when fishing around in a bag in the dark.

Can not recommend enough.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What waterproof phone bag/jersey pouch’ is closed to new replies.