Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What type of spokes do I need (Specialized Camber Evo 2015)
  • grannyjone
    Free Member

One of the spokes broke on the wheel of my Specialized Camber Evo 2015 and I need to replace it.

I had a search for the Specs of the bike and all I could get on Spokes was “DT Swiss”.

Do I just need to order a set of any DT Swiss spokes that are of the right length, would that work ?

landslide

I’m guessing that they’re standard j-bend style spokes (with a 90 degree bend where the spoke sits in the hub flange), rather than straight-pull or anything else esoteric.

In this case, you’ll just need to get a replacement spoke (no need for a full set) of the same length. DT and Sapim are both good brands, but I’ve never had any problems with ACI (which tend to be a fair bit cheaper). See what your LBS has in stock.

grannyjone
    Free Member

Don’t have a local bike shop but the nearest Halfords didn’t have a clue. Think I might order a set of DT Swiss spokes online then at least I’ve then got spares.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Dony just order a random set of spokes , if you don’t want to take one out to measure , you could measure with a steel ruler one of the ones still in the wheel and add a few mm to allow for nipple seat , not perfect but probably adequate.

If its a roval wheel , then officaly you need to detention before changing a broken spoke and retention , is your the entry level alloy evo ? 29 or 650.

Often it’s the alloy nipple that fails and not the spoke , if you plan on keeping the bike it maybe worth replacing the alloy with brass

warns74
    Free Member

Email Spesh uk and ask them for the part numbers, then ring nearest Spesh shop and ask them to order spares for you.

wiggles
    Free Member

Email Spesh uk and ask them for the part numbers, then ring nearest Spesh shop and ask them to order spares for you

Don’t do this.

Specialized don’t distribute it Swiss spikes, just go to a shop with your wheel/spoke and nipple measurements and they will gladly help you find the right one.

Most likely a DT comp but your not exactly going to notice if your new spoke is a few grams heavier

dovebiker

Take the broken spoke off and measure it – if it has broken off at the thread, add 9-10mm to the length. If you’re not confident, take it to a shop who know how to answer your question. Replacement spoke should only be 50p-£1.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Not trying to come across as patronising or anything but you seem a bit confused about how to do this job . If you take the wheel to a LBS they will fit a new spoke and true it for possibly less money than buying a load of wrong length spokes . For future reference I would learn how to do this job yourself because once the alloy nipples start to go in these wheels it can become a pretty regular happening .

warns74
    Free Member

Specialized don’t distribute it Swiss spikes, just go to a shop with your wheel/spoke and nipple measurements and they will gladly help you find the right one.

Wiggles, did you read my post? I said ask Spesh uk for the part number and then when they give it to you order them through your nearest Spesh dealer.

I know this works because guess what, I just did it and got new spokes for my Stumpjumper.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Spesh DO supply the some Dt swiss spokes as used in the roval branded wheels. But These are mainly straight pull ones. If your wheel is j bend then it’s easy to find them as I said just measure them and go into any good shop.

grannyjone
    Free Member

I measured the spoke and ordered the DT Swiss 302mm. Several ordered so I now have spares.

After fitting the spoke there is now a new problem. The wheel is buckled. Suppose it’s gone worse because I’ve been riding it with a spoke missing for a while.

I’ve got zero knowledge of wheel truing and it sounds quite complicated so now I’ve got the misery of having to take it to & from a bike shop for sure now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What type of spokes do I need (Specialized Camber Evo 2015)’ is closed to new replies.