Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what turbo trainer
  • Haribo
    Free Member

no not getting out more on the bike – this is to supplement

mate rates the tacx sirius which rutland are selling for 119. anything better??
    http://www.rutlandcycling.com/15178/Tacx-Satori-Blue-High-Power-Gel-Roller-Trainer-Pro-Team.html – is this as good as deal as it looks? this is prob the top end of my budget

druidh
    Free Member

That's a Satori you've linked to 🙄

Haribo
    Free Member

oops yup meant to do that – what is main diff in the turbo between models???

MikeWW
    Free Member

There are magnetic and fluid resistance trainers and a variety of options round resistance settings and also displays. The fluid resistance trainers are more expensive but smoother and a more linear resistance profile
    The one you have linked to is a decent unit that you won't go far wrong with.
    IMO the turbos are best suited to structured interval work. IF you are planning just to spin then rollers work better

druidh
    Free Member

The Satori is a different (lighter) design and some folk prefer this as it is more portable. It also comes with a Skyliner to lift the front wheel. We have a few in the shoppe – want me to have a looksee in the morning?

Haribo
    Free Member

erm well ive just placed an order for the satori from rutland. Im only 9.5 stone soaking wet so i dont think a lighter trainer would be an issue.

Mike – planning on downloading some interval routines and i would fall off on rollers!

tootin

cyclops are good, i have the mag

druidh
    Free Member

Haribo – Member
    erm well ive just placed an order for the satori from rutland. Im only 9.5 stone soaking wet so i dont think a lighter trainer would be an issue.

Shame. Your mleh discount would have got you it cheaper elsewhere….

Haribo
    Free Member

bah bah bah – dont tell me how much

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what turbo trainer’ is closed to new replies.