• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • what to do in Cheltenham for a day with a 11 month old
  • Pook

My Mrs is going down for a girlie thing but she wants me and little man nearby. Any suggestions to pass the time?

thejesmonddingo

Day at the races?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If you have a back-pack type carrier there’s some nice walks around Cleeve Hill just outside…but I suppose it depends on when you’ll be there, weather-wise. Otherwise, it’s quite nice to have a stroll round…plenty of nice pubs/cafes/speciality shops to browse around in the Montpelier area.

crossland
    Free Member

Or you could take some white lightning to share, any of the parks have people willing to help

alfabus
    Free Member

walk up leckhampton hill (scope all the trails)

go the the JBM for a pint (or several)

peteimpreza

My good lady has just said “WTF?”

If she wants to go away with the girls that’s just fine.

How and where you spend the time is entirely up to you.

IHN

On a nice day, head to Pittville Park, it’ll be chock full of yummy mummies.

On a horrible day, head to any of the many coffee shops in town, ditto.

richardk
    Free Member

Swimming pool at Pitville?
    Go down to Gloucester and watch a rugby game?
    See what’s on at the Everyman theatre

edhornby

wot peteimpreza said – at 11 months old you’ll be best off with proximity to home, just go to the park and do normal routine otherwise the sleep patterns get messed etc

crankboy
    Free Member

I have no idea what to do in cheltenham but I think you and your wife need to recognise that this would be an inconvenience to you and not the best experience for your child, in order to pander to her separation anxiety.

I would suggest you practice her going out with out you and child or you taking child out alone for shorter trips .then build up to her having a relaxing day at cheltnam and you having a fun day with child. Apologies if I have over analyzed a simple request for information.

hora
    Free Member

Why can’t she get a lift or train there?!!

Are you now a taxi? 😉

Pook

Crankboy – your last sentence pretty much sums up what would be my response. Some wonderful conclusions being leapt to here.

Thanks all for your constructive suggestions.

Hora – did lisa enjoy getting the taxi back from brum? 😉

hora
    Free Member

Thanks all for your constructive suggestions.

I hope my was construct Ahmed 😆

Pook

Says the Picasso driver 😉

hora
    Free Member

Hey, driving is an art

antigee

As well as yummy mummies pittville park used to have guinea pigs rabbits and some other little animals plus a good enough playground to entertain few years so council cuts might have had them put in pies

mrmo
    Free Member

As well as yummy mummies pittville park used to have guinea pigs rabbits and some other little animals plus a good enough playground to entertain few years so council cuts might have had them put in pies

The animals are still there, Rabbits, Guinea pigs, Peacocks, Chickens, budgies, chipmunks, zebra finches, as is the play ground, and across the road is some skate/bmx ramps.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘what to do in Cheltenham for a day with a 11 month old’ is closed to new replies.