Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What to do – dodgy DHL content
  • matt_outandabout

So we have a couple of delivery guys who don't like driving to our work (8 miles up small road in the Highlands), or the other businesses / houses there.
    DHL have been leaving parcels at my kids school, the laundrette, my house 8 miles away, flagged down mini-buses, random pubs, the garage we sometimes buy fuel at, even one parcel simply left in a passing place as they had seen our minibus heading that way….! None of the parcels are signed for, and I and others are spending our time and fuel delivering packages / boxes to others for them.
    We (work and most locals) are now refusing to accept delivery unless to the person and at the location named. DHL have been contacted and promised to speak to driver involved.
    We have now had no delivery since my last, rather firm, phone call 12 days ago – and are now 'missing' over £3k of stuff that is with DHL. Some of this is urgent (try new chain for our sewage system at work, with 60 guests in and it is backing up daily…)
    We have clearly upset the driver, yet it is his and DHL's paid work to deliver the goods.
    Suggestions?

Liftman

TNT ?

matt_outandabout

We do not get to choose who our suppliers use unfortunately..

allthepies
    Free Member

Blowing the geezers van up seems a tad harsh.

Liftman

Harsh but justified

Liftman

Get your suppliers told or get new suppliers, its their responsibilty to get the stuff to you.

matt_outandabout

new chain for our sewage system

Blowing the geezers van up

I see a flaw in the plan of blowing up the van carrying this particular part….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Complain to your suppliers that you are not getting the goods. Its their responsibility to get them to you. They also have the clout to do something about it by threatening to take the business to another courier.

matt_outandabout

Get your suppliers told or get new suppliers,

Told them, and still do when ordering. Unfortunately, many are trade accounts and have contracts with DHL or another courier then uses DHL locally. As an example I am waiting on climbing equipment and a pile of new ropes, from the manufacturers.

I will be calling the suppliers again on Friday and demanding replacement goods, if they have not turned up.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How much of a def con 9 situation do you want to go to. Report to the police as theft?

IA

Make it more formal, record every time it happens and letters to DHL, keep on them. Maybe CC it all with the associated evidence to DHL head office?

NZCol

Collar the driver and explain to him that his tardiness is causing you grief, if he doesn;t give a rats ar$e then deal with him, otherwise co-erce with beer to keep your life simpler and easier.?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

New supplier, ensure they don't use DHL.

TooTall
    Free Member

Use the proper DHL complaints procedure? Let them know you'll willingly take the problems to the press. You need to go above the locally contracted rep.

Milkie
    Free Member

If the supplier organised the delivery and you've paid for it, then it is up to them to make sure it has been delivered. Complain to your suppliers, tell them the whole story & complain to DHL, as above the usual reps will do sweet FA, they'll tell you they will sort it, but that's it.

We use UPS, and to deliver to the Highlands it is a 3-7 day delivery rather than next day, as they group the packages together as they do not go around that area daily.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What to do – dodgy DHL content’ is closed to new replies.