Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What sort of Boris Biker are you?
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

1. Professional, suited no helmet
    2. Professional, suited and helmet
    3. professional with suit hidden below full Altura night vision paraphernalia (mainly in hi-viz yellow)
    4. Lycra clad? (Cervelo lycras spotted today that made me smile)
    5. causal/scruff
    6. Baggies

For starters (1) with tie slung over shoulder for effect!!! Re (6) my attempted Bunnyhop was a bit of a flop today!!!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I/we use them, mainly for pootles and meanderings. Always in casuals, never suits, always leave em’ outside the Pub/Bars we use and grab one home.

So, 7. Casuals (Jeans etc.)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Oops, 5. Causals was meant to say casuals!

njee20
    Free Member

1 for me, with the occasional 5 if I’m up with Ms njee20 and walking’s got boring.

eddie11
    Free Member

1 on the few ocassions I’m allowed out in London by work and its soooo much fun.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Never helmeted on a Boris. So, either suited or casual, depending on the purpose of the visit to town. Normally on my Brompton though.

redthunder
    Free Member

6 for me.

GF picked 5 for herself, and I agree… Runs for cover.

crazy-legs

I use them whenever I’m in London but it’s always just for fun or getting around so (5) for me – usually Rapha jeans just for the ease of riding in them.

In winter I’ll carry gloves and a woolly hat and sometimes an Exposure Flare rear light for a bit of extra visibility.

allthepies
    Free Member

When I did use ’em.

5) in winter
    6) in summer

simon_g

1 or 5. I don’t understand the helmet thing, let alone the yellow hi-viz for a short journey on a bike that isn’t yours.

chronos
    Free Member

5. Casual, big bag on the front secured by two bungies.
    Different times days and locations and about 15 journeys per week since it started.

No helmet but always alert. Swiped by a taxi recently but lucky enough to spot him in peripheral vision, and avoided the worst. They’re usually fine tbh.

Most frustrating thing is not often finding a space in W1. to park.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Despite living in London now I’ve never actually used a Boris bike yet. If I did it’d probably be “5” as I doubt I’d use one when I was suited up for work.

The main reason I’ve not used one is the scheme doesn’t extend as far as where I live in Greenwich.

funkrodent

Used one for the 1st time this week. Brilliant! A tenner for a whole week. I was mainly a one and occasionally (after work) a 5

Northwind

Casual scruff. With wet bottom

jambalaya
    Free Member

In my work clothes, generally smart casual but suit occasiobally. Rarely a helmet as I don’t want my nice mtb one messed up. Will buy a commuting helmet and high viz over the holidays now its dark in the evenings.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Quite a few pi$$ed ones last night including a bloke who crashed into me and then did slow mo collapse….

Ride safely out there!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What sort of Boris Biker are you?’ is closed to new replies.