Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What settings have I inadvertently changed!
  • welshfarmer

I used to see Youtube Videos as a picture from the film with a play-arrow in the middle when they were embedded into forum posts. For the past few days I just get a plain white box the size of the old video/picture with the link underneath. Clicking on the link takes me to You tube and I can view the video. No idea why the old way no longer works. I didn’t change anything (that I recall) and cannot find any way to alter it.

Ideas?

bruneep

chrome?

chewkw
    Free Member

Check if you have Disable Script.

Enable Script (only if you trust the site) will allow you to see the way you used to see Youtube in forum.

I use Firefox and I set my default to Disable Script so I see a blank with a link at the bottom. If I want to see the picture as you described I would have to click “Enable Script”.

welshfarmer

Yep, Chrome

Where do I find the Disable Script?

Cheers

chewkw
    Free Member

Some info here.

“If you’d like to turn JavaScript off or on for all sites:

Click the Chrome menu Chrome menu in the top right hand corner of your browser
    Select Settings
    Click Show advanced settings
    Under the “Privacy” section, click the Content settings button.
    In the “Javascript” section, select “Do not allow any site to run JavaScript” or “Allow all sites to run JavaScript (recommended)””

welshfarmer

Hmmm, checked that and all is set to the recommended settings ie allow all sites to run Javascript..

I have not changed any of those settings in ages. Embedded videos work fine in other sites (forums and FB) so seems confined to STW for some reason.

Will keep looking. Thanks for help so far guys

bruneep

this happened to me couple of weeks ago, I never changed anything not sure if it was an update to chrome that caused it. Have you checked the settings? what version of chrome are you using.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6138475?hl=en

chewkw
    Free Member

Firefox is fine here with STW when I enabled or disabled script but I am not a Chrome user.

Check you Add-On extension perhaps?

welshfarmer

Hmmm, just remembered, I chose not to download the latest adobe flash player update the other day as my connection is so slow I needed bandwidth for doing other stuff. Maybe that is the issue as I think this problem arose at around that time.

chewkw
    Free Member

I only have Adobe Shockwave Flash 16.0.0.305 (latest) at the moment. i.e. not Adobe Flash Player … bloody confusing they are.

But when I reboot my PC, yes, Adobe Flash Player would ask me to update player but since I don’t use that I just ignore it.

I am slowly trying to get away from Adobe and waiting for the right format to appear.

welshfarmer

Hmm, done the update, no change. Back to the drawing board

chewkw
    Free Member

Just updated my Adobe Shockwave Flash to 17.0.0.134 … 😀

Not sure what has happened to your Chrome. 😕

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What settings have I inadvertently changed!’ is closed to new replies.