Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What rim to replace my 719?
  • sprocker
    Free Member

Seem to bend these just done the 2nd one on the back, any recommendations ? want something stong but not stupid heavy, looking maybe at Syncros ! ideas

Northwind

I’d go Flow myself.

sprocker
    Free Member

bit steep aren’t they about 90 for the rim

Northwind

They’re not cheap but they’re strong for their pretty reasonable weight. All a tradeoff as ever.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

You didn’t specify a price.

🙄

nickf
    Free Member

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Must be trying to bend them, I’ve had a set of wheels with 719’s on for nearly five years and only got them straightened a bit last year. That includes a week in Morzine, numerous trips to fort bill and uplift days. Maybe look to getting them built up by a good wheelbuilder, mine were from Merlin who seem to build strong wheels.

sprocker
    Free Member

leisure lakes have built mine so thought they should be ok, ridden mainly in the peak, my weight may not help at 100kg. Looking at about 50 – 60 for the rim.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Ah – Leisure Lakes. So there’s your first problem.

Bombproof at reasonable price is Mavic EN521 – £32. Had mine 2 years, handbuilt by LBS on Pro II’s. Still no tweaking needed and still dead straight

WBC

Not lightweight myself (92kg) and despite breaking most things on my bike, my Merlin built 719’s on Pro II’s have survived intact including a fortnight in the Alps last summer. Personally would still consider the Flow rim or look out for some second hand wheels. Opening a c an of worms here but could also have a look to see what Superstar are offering.

sprocker
    Free Member

want to make of the pro 2 hub may well go for some flow rims if I can get the right price if not maybe 521, thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What rim to replace my 719?’ is closed to new replies.