Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What race licence for Mega?
  • monsta
    Free Member

Can anyone shed light on whether a UK race licence would be ok for the Mega or do I need some kind of French licence? I had assumed we’d get a temp. race licence as part of the entry fee like you do in the UK.

Edit: I think I’d get more for my money buying a british cycling licence than stumping up £40 for a doctor’s letter.

Cheers.

IA

Provisional race license you get when you join british cycling (even as a bronze member) was fine last year.

EDIT: unless you chose the cheaper entry “with license” in which case that means a UCI license, so you’ll need a full race license from BC, so that’s a silver member ship + a race license.

mk1fan
    Free Member

I don’t think you need one if you have a current medical cert. Everything else is included in the entry fee.

grumm
    Free Member

I used a bronze provisional license at the Kielder Avalanche Enduro (organised by the same people) and it was fine – £11.50 I think it was.

Edit: IA – huh? Was there a cheaper option when entering the Mega?

DM52
    Free Member

all I had last yeah was a note from the doc’s saying I was physically sound to compete – no license whatsoever.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

First year I paid for the letter, french person checks the letter and puts a tick in the box when you register and get your race number.
    Second year I copied the letter and put false details on it and same happened again, French lady ticked the box and good to go.
    As long as no one in your family try and sue them if you crash and burn you’ll be OK with a letter from Dr Jones.
    Do a search online and loads of forums even have copies of letters you can use 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What race licence for Mega?’ is closed to new replies.