Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • What practical-for-biking Car for £175 a month….?
  • Kryton57

Excluding insurance tax etc~?

BadlyWiredDog

Surely you’d be better off buying a bike?

trail_rat
    Free Member

175 quid a month implies finance – either over a very long time or a very small or old car…..

i would not finance an old car or a car over a very long time…..

so your left with a small car …. which isnt very practical for the bikes ….

jam-bo

Buy a car for £175. It’ll probably last more than a month.

alfabus
    Free Member

http://www.anchorvans.co.uk/van/15216-volkswagen-vw-caddy-sdi-sdr-air-epk

Doesn’t get much more practical for bikes.

finance says £28 pw… so, erm £112 per month.

Dave

will
    Free Member

Well a new Fiesta can be had for around £175pcm
    http://www.lingscars.com/Ford/Fiesta-leasing/cheap-contract-hire.html#models

trail_rat
    Free Member

ah we are leasing …. thats different.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I pay £160 a month for my Focus. I got it new and paid about £240 for 3 years and then down to the current £160 for the following 2.5 years. Its been a great car and very good for the bikes, I can get 3 bikes and 3 people in without too much bother.

br
    Free Member

One like this:

£1100, so easily under the £175pcm (£175*12= £2050) even with the additional fuel over some poxy little thing you’ll buy new/nearly-new.

Will take an MTB across the back seats if you need to, and has easily cleaned leather seats.

legend
    Free Member

as much as I’m a Caddy fan, it’s really got to be a TDi (rather than SDi) for bikey trips.

OP, how big are you thinking? Can get all sizes for that sort of money

alfabus
    Free Member

@legend – i didn’t do much reading, just picked the first one on the page that wasn’t white 🙂 I expect they’ve got TDIs too, probably similar price.

Dave

legend
    Free Member

ok, I’ll help 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

BR snap .

im rolling in a 2.2 DTI frontera right now for similar money.

but then i dont rely on the motor to get to work so if it doesnt start its not a huge issue for me.

Kryton57

Trail rat and br have got me.

My 330i is effectively free per month just not quite as practical as I’d like. I guess for £0 per month I could cope with it.

takisawa2

Sorry but those Caddy’s conjur an image of spotty base-ball cap clad youths squealing around a McD’s drive-thru in Slough.

But a T5…now we’re talking. 🙂

timber

Buy my Diesel Mondeo Estate for £175/month for the first 9 months and you can have the rest for free. It’s even taxed for most of that.

mudshark
    Free Member

Roomster. Good for bikes and prettier than me.

legend
    Free Member

takisawa2 – Member

But a T5…now we’re talking.

ah yes, the Audi of the van world

😉

nealglover
    Free Member

Totally agree on the VW Caddy – they are brilliant.

But please don’t buy (or lease) an SDi !! They are awful to drive, totally underpowered.

Get a TDi ….. or don’t get one 😉

Kryton57

I should say at this point, that I need to get the kids seats in the back on occasion, so a van is out of the question…

legend
    Free Member
    Northwind

£175p/m excluding tax and insurance would almost completely pay for my Mondeo in a year, and it’s very practical for biking.

petrieboy

Berlingo multi space?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Id look at berlingos and the like

As for lookin for certain cars thts a non starter for bangernomics . Never in a million years would i have bought a frontera.

I went out looking for a robust diesel engine credible milage a good history and a genuine reason for sale. Looked at a few desirable motors and found they had been nursed through there mot and makin expensive noises

Looked at the frotera on an off chance. Owner had died , fsh and 87k on clock. If i get a year out it itll be 90 quid a month and seems to be returning 38mpg.

garage-dweller

£2-3000 Mondeo, Golf, Octavia, Passat etc. Leaves some cash for the odd big bill if you are unlucky.

Our cheap 120000 petrol mondeo still drives well and is roomy and cheap as chips to run. Our diesel one wacked us for a new flywheel last year which hurt but still cheaper than a car upgrade!

They’re great for the kids too. Lots of space and tough inside!

nealglover
    Free Member

I should say at this point, that I need to get the kids seats in the back on occasion, so a van is out of the question…

You can have a triple seat in the back of any caddy in factory mounts.

Job done 😉

br
    Free Member

My 330i is effectively free per month just not quite as practical as I’d like. I guess for £0 per month I could cope with it.

Its just a car FFS – no point running two cars when one can do. My 535i on the way to Chicksands, and it was far, far dirtier coming back:

jam-bo

or fit a towbar + rack.

johnnystorm

Wish I hadn’t bothered with an estate car and just bought a van.

althepal

Our current 1.6 petrol focus hatch costs £120 a month. Was high milage (50k plus on a 10 plate) when we got it but included is servicing/mot and warranty for 2 yrs- should cover anything major..
    Can’t go wrong with that.

Merak

Thats going to hurt in an accident.

br
    Free Member

Middle seatbelt is around it 🙂

pinetree
    Free Member

If you’re going to borrow money to get a car, try your bank before going for motor finance.
    I’m picking up a new car on Monday (Focus) and have got a bank loan, as it’s so much cheaper:
    After deposit & trade in on our old car I’ve had to borrow £3k. Through car finance (whoever Evans Halshaw use) it was looking like it would cost around £600 for 18 months.
    Went through the bank and it’s half that, at £183 a month for 18 months. I plan on paying it back sooner though- try and pay £250 a month if I can.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘What practical-for-biking Car for £175 a month….?’ is closed to new replies.