Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • What make are 'British Gas' boilers and are they any good?
  • totalshell

ha the british gas new boiler home care rip off.. why on earth why would you possibly need why on earth would you pay a monthly payment fto british gas when your new boiler has a 5 year warranty in fact on a worcester they have a 7yr warranty so you ll pay BG 17pm for 7 years to repair your boiler.. when worcester will pay BG for repairing it.. thats £17 x 84 to repair your boiler that they ll be paid for repairing by worcester.. in fact exactly the same service you get if you paid NOTHING and just rang worcester if it ever broke down..great value!

crazy-legs

BG are IMHO a bunch of fekking sheisters

quoted (and persuaded my father in law to sign) about £4500 for a new boiler – he has Parkinson’s and dementia. I rang them and cancelled and was pretty close to reporting them. Quote included all sorts of sh*te extras

They did the same with my grandfather – came out to repair a simple fault, took the opportunity to sell him some expensive monthly boiler insurance cover (even though his home insurance specifically covered CH repairs), kept telling him parts weren’t available and were all set to sign him up to a £5000 boiler replacement when my Mum found out about it. My grandfather was old and very confused by that point so fortunately Mum kept a really close eye on things.

Their tactics were despicable. I had endless problems with the useless bunch of arses when I moved house as well. Wouldn’t touch them again with a barge pole.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

There’s no way a puma is only twelve years old!

acehtn
    Free Member

ooh nice pointer there totalshell on warrantys, will pass that along the chain of command to the Mrs.

The homecare contract we are on is from the local plumbers being slack about fixing/turning up when expected/forgetting/answering there phones etc etc, so from our old boiler viewpoint and actually having someone come round to poke it and fix it, then BG have been good service.
    See how keen plumbers are on an installation job £££ not just a fix up job £ 🙂

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Some parts of the old Gloworms are indeed unavailable. But these are specific parts, such as heat exchangers. Items like gas valves are usually generics made by Honeywell etc. We changed our Gloworm about 2 years ago, mainly because it was getting old. My mate is a boiler engineer and he fitted ours and fitted a new kitchen at the same time. He is ex BG , so knows what goes on. Ironically , its like an average person needing a bike, they think Halfords. its all about the advertising and people think BG for a boiler. All my neighbours had BG quote for this reason alone, until my mate quoted and my mate did all the neighbours houses , as his quotes were at least £2k less than BG and he did the job like it was his own house , like cutting kitchen cupboards etc, which is more of a job than the BG guys would have done.

footflaps

British Gas just pray on the old and ignorant and rip them off completely. A total immoral, but highly successful business strategy.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘What make are 'British Gas' boilers and are they any good?’ is closed to new replies.