Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • What lock on grips are you using?
  • bruneep

Currently have ODI ruffians that are getting a bit scabby. Before I buy another set anything else to consider?

Stoner
    Free Member

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/BTOOLOG/on_one_bob_on_lock_on_grips

these are nice for me right now. The grub screws completely recess, which is one-up on the ODIs with the tangental screws which leave a proud head…

getonyourbike
    Free Member

ODI Troy Lees. Best grip I’ve ever used; they’re insanely grippy!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Peaty’s Lizard Skins..

alfabus
    Free Member

ODI Rogues, bit squishier than the ruffians, stops me getting painful palms, and loads of grip.

Dave

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Intense. They have a semi-flange. If that’s not enough reason to buy them I don’t know what is!

Whyte1
    Free Member

Ergon GX1 which have been great and i’d not hesitate to get some more when they wear out

gonetothehills
    Free Member

+ for the ODI TLDs – but they’re dear. Got some ODI Yeti ones on at the moment, and they’re not bad either.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Sunline thins. Nice to hold and comfortable with or without gloves. Only £7 on CRC atm.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19264

iain1775
    Free Member

ODI Rogues on one bike, ODI Troy Lee’s on other and ODI Yeti ones (not a yeti) on the third
    Troy Lee’s the best of the three

sambob
    Free Member

Superstar Excel, very wide (150mm?) and nice squidgyness, but still firm.

jruk
    Free Member

I’m using Specialized Grappler and they’re too skinny for my big hands. Any suggestions for something thicker gratefully received.

druidh
    Free Member

Teetosugars – Member
    Peaty’s Lizard Skins..

+1

andyl
    Free Member

ODI Rogue here. Anything smaller and my carpel tunnel has me in agony.

Stoner – never noticed those On One lock on collars, do they clamp the bars as good as the other style? Wonder how the black (larger) grips compare to Rogues.

jimjam
    Free Member

Troy Lee.

iainc

just changed over to Superstars on both mtb’s and impressed so far

takisawa2

Lizard Skins North Shore for me. Nice & thick.

Stoner
    Free Member

they grip fine.

Not compared with ODI grips, but I find them better than Oury’s for grip, but maybe not cushioning. Lizard skin basic ODIs I found too thin and hard.

brakes
    Free Member

Second the Sunline grips – very grippy – even work well in the wet with no gloves on. also available in different sizes

lee93
    Free Member

I’m using odi yetis good feel not to fat!!

Bregante

Sunline logo thins

nealy
    Free Member

Lizard Skin Charger at the moment, I love them but would probably go with the big Superstars ones next time.

Neil-F
    Free Member

SuperStars for me, no complaints and a vast choice of colour combos. 😀

teddy
    Free Member

orange strange
    (off their website)
    v nice finish and pattern.

JohnnyPanic

I bought a set of the Superstar excel ones recently as i liked the feel on a mates bike. Didn’t realise just how wide they were though. They pushed my shifters too far inboard. No point having wide bars if I have to hold them an inch further in to reach the shifters. Found that they cut down acceptably though (bit of a faff but works).

matthewjb
    Free Member

Ourys. Great if you have big hands.

robsoctane
    Free Member

the same on all 5 bikes – ODI/Troy Lee flange type thingy… Lovely! The flange is why I bought them and I fit them all backwards because they offer more comfort that way – other way round is great in real mud though.

LoCo
    Free Member

Troy Lee Odi, very very good

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Kona log.£5.00 at CRC at the moment.

JoeG
    Free Member

Ditto the Ergon GX-1s.

crush83
    Free Member

Using radly logo lock ons

transporter13
    Free Member

Odi longnecks for me on any bike I have

Think old school odyssey Jedda but loc on

Monkey-Boy
    Free Member

I’m interested in the Odi TLD ones. Can I ask how they compare in thickness to the Ruffians?
    Cheers.

iain1775
    Free Member

Bit thicker bit not too much, stickier and grippier

coolhandluke
    Free Member

ODI Cross trainer lock on grips here. Nicer then ruffians me thinks.

cookeaa

Cheap jobbies off of ebay, skinny, pretty functional and they work, £6 I think.
    Oh and I bought some very similar Clarks branded ones from CRC in luirid purple a little while back….

Next purchase might be some SuperStar Excels for the SS to try and kill a bit more trail buzz…

Nobby

ODI Yeti

ratherbeintobago

Ergon GX2s. Probably will get GX1s next time. Previous (unbranded) lock ons made my hands numb hence Ergons but I appreciate not everyone suffers from that.

Andy

marsdenman
    Free Member

Sawn off ODI Rogue to mate nicely with my grip shifters. Never had a problem with the Ruffians I used before but Rogues do suit my hand size much better…

honourablegeorge

Monkey Boy – Member
    I’m interested in the Odi TLD ones. Can I ask how they compare in thickness to the Ruffians?

About the same, but sticky to the touch, and more cushioned. My soft, girly office boy hands don’t get blistered on them at all when I spend a week in the alps. They really are ace.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘What lock on grips are you using?’ is closed to new replies.