• This topic has 43 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by pb2.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • What lightweight road wheelset?
  • warton
    Free Member

Are the carbones really that bad ? Hope not as I’ve got some coming on my new roadie

In a word, no. But they are quite heavy, and I would describe them as dangerous in big side winds. I did 300km on Saturday and they were a real pain on a long climb , with a cross/head wind, I could barely keep them rotating, hence my reason to for sale.

But looking at it, the saving in weight by buying another set of clinchers isn’t huge, and they are quick on the flat, and they make a great noise, and they look great so I might keep them…

tracknicko
    Free Member

whole lot of deep wheels appearing at the mo. even on sunday ‘club’ runs and what not.

be interesting when it gets windy again…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I rode the Etape du Dales route last Saturday on some 50mm RS80s and almost got blown off the Fleet Moss descent. Scarier than MTB downhilling, I’ll tell ye!

pb2

I have just bought the two way Campy Shamals, they are wonderful in every way

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/campagnolo/shamal-ultra-2-way-clincher-wheelset-ec030985

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘What lightweight road wheelset?’ is closed to new replies.