Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • What Knee Pad? The quest continueth
  • vincienup
    Free Member

I own a set of POC VPD 2.0’s which I found fine for all day crash testing 😳 in the Basque Country a couple of summers ago. Never felt overly sweaty, never had them slip around on impact, happy to wear them all day. The Air’s are lightweight and apparently cooler still. The Dainese Trailskins always looked good too, I was very interested in them when I bought my POCs but at the time they were thin on the ground for physical shops with stock to try/buy and there didn’t seem to be online sizing info. Both these failings seem to have been addressed now…

stewartc
    Free Member

I use both POC VPD 2.0’s and Race Face Ambush pads and I find both great for all day rides and even in the tropics here there are fine.
    Tend to use the RF ones if I am on an all dayer with lots of climbing as they are easy to whip on and off.
    Both of them seem to size up well.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I have the k pacts and yes you pop the main pad out and wash at 30c. they are brillbags

doug_basqueMTB.com

I think it really comes down to sizing and how they fit you. I´ve tried pads that were recommended on here and elsewhere and hated them. How did you find the IXS Flow´s for fit? If they were comfy but you just want a bit more padding then the IXS Daggers are really good. That´s what I use and I put them on most mornings and don´t take them off until I get home at the end of the day. The only time I remove them is when it´s really warm and I find I get sweaty and it irritates the skin. I´ve had a few really big tumbles on them and they´re really marked but have done their job.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Missus is going through the same thing looking for new knee pads. I’ve just got some Dainese Trail Skins and they seem really good.

Not slipped down once yet and they fit really well for me. Missus tried them on though and didn’t like them (but she is fussy!).

kimbers

Had my endura single-track ones for a while and really rate them, very comfy and secure, love that you don’t need to take your shoes off to fit/remove them.
    Wra around straps top and bottom mean you can really get the fit right too

Had a few tumbles and they seem pretty good not had any big crashes in then yet.

spawnofyorkshire

@kimbers – I’ve been eyeing up the Enduras to replace my raceface indy’s (not a fan of them). How do the enduras size up?

kimbers

I went from a large fox launch pro to a large endura and very happy

my massive thighs and weeny calves meant the fox were never quite perfect, its easier to get them sitting better with endura

(i tried raceface ambush and they came up very small for me)

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘What Knee Pad? The quest continueth’ is closed to new replies.