Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • What kit for the peaks pootle???
  • Pook

….and that the KY jelly is required

IanMunro
    Free Member

Plus velcro for the lambs wool

slowrider
    Free Member

do you think its going to live up to everyones expectations now pook?

Pook

Yes. Easily. If you're not impressed by the peak district you've a heart of stone

slowrider
    Free Member

lol i removed that but too late, i only mean in terms of the bunch of dicks we seem to have devolved in to

Pook

😐

I'm just going for a bike ride. It'll be nice if people come with me.

hora
    Free Member

I'm just going for a bike ride. It'll be nice if people come with me.

I'm coming expecting 110% entertainment. If I don't get at least one laugh for every metre I shall release the Lions onto Pook.

Pook

well you'll be 'riding' so that's sorted

😉

IdleJon

topangarider – Member
    Do people's normal riding gear not normally contain a first aid kit (twinned the the knowlwdge obviously). No matter where you ride, Peaks, trail centre, I find that worrying.

In a group this big, if someone does break an ankle – i'd hope there'd be plenty of volunteers to carry the person and their bike to safety.

I know someone else has responded to this post, but can you tell me which first aid kit I can assemble that helps with broken ankles?

In 16 years of riding MTBs, I've never needed a first aid kit while riding. Unless it can deal with concussion, broken ribs, broken wrist, broken thumb, whiplash – the type of injuries I've had in the last 2 years or so – then it's unnecessary weight.

topangarider
    Free Member

So if someone falls off and gashes there leg on a sharp rock (lots of them in the peaks), someone will whip off their buff and wrap it around? Ok that's fine then.

The issue of weight is just bl00dy ridiculous – I've no idea how much mine weighs, but it's sod all.

I'm taking mine and you're welcome to use it if needs be. Let's hope not.

topangarider
    Free Member

and I'm not suggesting a 1st aid kit carries everything that'll be needed, but things can be done with a broken ankle to make it more comfortable for the injured party.

hora
    Free Member

Morphine – check
    Limp surgical saw- check
    Rohipnol – check (cough) oops

Bunnyhop

A portaloo is always a good idea, as there aren't many bushes.

Humour and sense of humour essential.
    Camera to catch pook as he speeds extreemly fast upto a large snowfilled hole and bunnyhops into it, sinking to just below his shorts line. I suppose you had to be there, it was very funny.

Have a good one boys.

thepodge
    Free Member

hora – I will bring lots of cake this time (instead of nicking it)

Ya gonna have to cos i'm not coming this week. crappy week and too much stuff to get done including sorting that car out means no riding for me.

hora
    Free Member

A portaloo is always a good idea, as there aren't many bushes.

I like to get my magic wand out for the walkers

IdleJon

topangarider – Member
    So if someone falls off and gashes there leg on a sharp rock (lots of them in the peaks), someone will whip off their buff and wrap it around? Ok that's fine then.

The issue of weight is just bl00dy ridiculous – I've no idea how much mine weighs, but it's sod all.

I'd agree that in theory it's a good idea, but as I say I've personally never needed one, none of the people I've ever ridden with have needed one and a quick survey of my current riding group showed that while a couple of them had 1st aid kits, they'd never been used.

If a big mixed group is out though, it's probably safe to carry one – just in case someone gets a headache! 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘What kit for the peaks pootle???’ is closed to new replies.