• This topic has 4,393 replies, 728 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by chives.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 4,394 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • porter_jamie

nice guitar!

some spacers for a fella off here

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Last thing I really ‘made’ was probably at Easter. Can’t take credit for the middle one…

qwerty
    Free Member

It’s not finished yet, but it will be a small retaining wall. Four courses high & 23 blocks long of hollow concrete block, rebar every other hole for strength. Prior to this I have never laid a brick or block nor knocked up mortar.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stavromuller
    Free Member

The last thing I made from scratch is a bike stand, just got the design registered and about to go into production (comments welcome, pos or neg)

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Stand looks neat, how stable is it? Looks a little simmilar to Andy Stand (ie small, compact and holds from BB/Cranks area)

porter_jamie

nice, i guess you are getting the top bit water cut, very neat.

comment – do you need a nyloc on the nut to stop it coming undone? maybe a stainless allen headed bolt would look nice, but then again the cost would be a lot more.

one suggestion, it’s a pity it can’t break down a bit more so it costs less to post? maybe delete the welded strap which holds the two legs together, and replace with a cross tube spacer which is held with a bolt (going thru the spacer) similar to the top one, going thru holes in the main legs. This would make it pack down a bit more, but then again this might not be important to you.

quite good idea though, it’s just the thing to throw in the back of the car so you can fettle your gears or whatever when you get there.

Mike_D
    Free Member

I made a cake:

stavromuller
    Free Member

The stand is quite stable enough for light fettling and very strong, I can stand on it (83kg). The bolt on production models will be allen headed and tapped into one side of the top bracket so it can be easily removed and the lower strap is fixed in place with philips screws, so the whole thing can be completely dismantled for transit or replacement of damaged/broken parts. Thanks for the input, it’s most welcome.

fivespot
    Free Member

A little spanner for adjusting my CCDB when I get round to fitting it to my new Mega. No sharp edges, and it only weighs 1g.

coffeeking
    Free Member

A really simple one, first attempt at machining in 8 years or so…

New sensor mount by j.buckle, on Flickr

I really REALLY need my own vertical mill.

porter_jamie

‘alpine link’ fitted. looks nice and industrial! off to the alps in a couple of weeks to give it some hammer.

i made this one on the manual machine. it is +5mm which gives about a degree slacker HA. if i make some more they will get the CNC treatment. i might try a +7.5mm or +10mm one too to see what happens.

this marin frame has adjustable rear travel – see the qr on the rear shock mount. i put a hex bolt and spacer in the upper position, and this seems to stiffen up things noticeably.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I made this last week:

porter_jamie

warton
    Free Member

a sonos playlist. currently playing this…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chr6mhvxEs0[/video]

PS, I am seriously impressed with all the engineering skills on this thread, you all have my upmost respect!

porter_jamie

been playing around looking at sprockets and teeth profiles

i was wondering about the sram fat/thin tooth thing. wonder if it would help on a normal 1×9 or 1×10 setup? or even, could it make a single speed set up wear better? i dunno.

ignore the rough old machining, i was doing it by eye, just to see

Ladders
    Free Member

This! Took it for its maiden flight last night – and crashed it!

Just need to make stronger motor mounts and it’ll be ready for testing again

porter_jamie

stavromuller – Member
    The last thing I made from scratch is a bike stand, just got the design registered and about to go into production (comments welcome, pos or neg)

spotted on the cycle show i think

bencooper
    Free Member

Lots of custom Brompton tensioners:

Brompton 8-speed tensioners…

Posted by Kinetics on Friday, September 7, 2012

Bored with them now 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Interesting Ben…you running bigger gaps in the cogs?

bencooper
    Free Member

Nope, this is for my 8-speed kit – the Sturmey 8-speed uses a 20t sprocket…

slinkybike
    Free Member

Haven’t worked on a brompton for over ten years, what’s differnt from the factory model.

bencooper
    Free Member

Standard tensioner is designed for a 16t sprocket, and the chainline is different too.

john_drummer
    Free Member

althepal

First crop of apples from the tree, there are about half as many now.. Yum.

Slogo
    Free Member

Im just about finished rebuilding this in the seychelles since january.

It looked like this when i got here in jan

FFJA
    Free Member

Last thing I made was a bottle of sloe vodka with the left over sloes out of the freezer. Last years sloe gin wonder a prize at village show! 😀 Looks like its gonna be another good year for picking, almost time to get my bucket out so to speak

guitarhero
    Free Member

Made this tune 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ-VlgzgDEc&feature=plcp[/video]

slimjim78
    Free Member

Log store.

Question: what if the answer to the orignal question happened to be ‘love’ ? , and if so, would pics still be required?

Innes
    Free Member

A water bottle rocket launcher for our Scout meeting next week.

ourmaninthenorth

This thread.

And, like all parents, I’m so proud of the way it’s growing up.

😀

(Actually, a load of kindling and a big pile of firewood, but no pics…)

porter_jamie

balance bike

igrf
    Free Member

Made this a year or so back.

It was supposed to be a speed board for windsurfing based on the logic of floating water skis powered by a rig – it didn’t work.

Then I tried all over again (what was that about the definition of insanity) this time larger scale as a sailing dinghy only I got someone else to build it for me so technically it was a design concept.

Which also didn’t work, well it worked, but not like it was supposed to and it damn near gave me a hernia every time I tried to lift it.

andyfla
    Free Member

A climbing wall ?
    Well there were a few of us …. But I did loads

Beats an office job any day

porter_jamie

more balance bike

redthunder
    Free Member

First go, and they shoot straight 🙂

They work out £3.60 each.

ARROWS by SGMTB, on Flickr

Arrow Piles by SGMTB, on Flickr

porter_jamie

nice! how did you turn the (big rad. on the) point?

Spaceman
    Free Member

Finished this earlier this summer, wood fired pizza oven, makes fantastic pizzas and kicks out some amount of heat once it’s up to speed.

ourmaninthenorth

A hostess trolley for wood.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Are the barcodes for scanning through a weigh bridge or such like? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 4,394 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.