Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What is my bike worth to sell?
  • dwazzer
    Free Member

Genuine “what’s it worth” question!
    I have a Trek Fuel EX8 that I bought brand new in 2010 (looks like it’s a 2009 model). It has done hardly anything (still has the original tyres on it!) I had it serviced last year ready to use, but due to dodgy knees etc. it hasn’t been used since 🙁 All original equipment on it and in VGC it’s this model: http://archive.trekbikes.com/us/en/2009/trek/fuelex8#/us/en/2009/trek/fuelex8/details
    Cheers for your help, Dave.

weeksy

£500-600

dwazzer
    Free Member

Cheers mate! I’ll get an ad up based on that 😉

iainc

About £500 if you find someone after it. All out of fashion kit unfortunately, wheels, gears, straight steerer etc.

tomd
    Free Member

£400ish, maybe a bit more. It’s a nice bike just a lot has changed. They updated that model quite a lot in terms geometry in 2012 and 2013 and the wheel size after that.

dwazzer
    Free Member

You reckon fleabay is the best way to go?

iainc

Maybe try classiedieds here, or a bike parts for sale Facebook Group first to avoid eBay fees ?

I’d put it on at £500 shipped but say open to sensible offers. If it’s a small size it’s more likely to shift for a teeenager upgrade

scotroutes

This should be a sticky thread so folk can use it without being accused of spamming the main forum.

So, how about a Santa Cruz Blur XC Carbon from 2009 with a full new bearing replacement, XTR 970, Stans on Hopes and DT Swiss 120mm forks? 🙂

It’s all “old” standards too (straight steerer, QR rear axle etc.

dwazzer
    Free Member

Maybe try classiedieds here, or a bike parts for sale Facebook Group first to avoid eBay fees ?

I’d put it on at £500 shipped but say open to sensible offers. If it’s a small size it’s more likely to shift for a teeenager upgrade

Cheers Iain, how do you go about shipping bikes? is it expensive?

iainc

Shipping would require you getting a cardboard bike box and some packaging from a bike shop – they usually are glad to get rid of ! Then a courier, last time I used Paisley Freight – UK shipping was about £30 I recall.

tpbiker
    Free Member

£15 with send it now

iainc

Scotroutes – I’ll give you pint and a packet of crisps in the OBI for the Santa Cruz 😀 – deal ?

dwazzer
    Free Member

Cheers Iain & tpbiker 😉

chrisevz1337
    Free Member

Scottroutes, did you come up with a price for your Blur XC? I’m after one!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Classifieds on here is pish for selling, best bet is to get it on eBay, and mention that auction may stop as for sale elsewhere. You’ll then get offers for it, sort out a private sale, then pull from eBay.

mcj78
    Free Member

As Nobeer says, to get the most for it stick it on eBay as a fixed price listing for more than you expect (£600 or whatever) for 30 days & then wait for interested people emailing you with offers, ideally cash on collection to avoid fees – I split my old Heckler recently & done better than I had feared this way

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What is my bike worth to sell?’ is closed to new replies.