Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What Hope hubs have I got?
  • Rich
    Free Member

Not the best photo but gives an idea.

The front hub is 20mm and I would like to convert it to QR so trying to make sure I buy the right kit.

Link to pic

Shorty121
    Free Member

I believe it is a ProII but I could be mistaken. how old is the bike?

Rich
    Free Member

I bought them second hand about 3 years ago, so they are probably around 5 years old or something.

I have read somewhere that they will say Pro II on the hub if that’s what they are, these have numbers wrote under ‘Hope’.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

looks PROII ish, are the cups held in with circlip thingys?? Try here if you can take the 20mm cups off you can tell from the Exploded diagrams will either be bulb or more likely PROII
    Hope Website Tech Info Page

duncan

It looks like it’s got -BL at the end of the part code, which would suggest it’s a Bulb. Other thing is the 20mm top hat spacer things are identical on Pro IIs but on Bulbs one is longer than the other, obviously not possible to tell from the photo.

takisawa2

Thats a Bulb.
    But christ knows where you’ll get a QR kit from.

andrewh
    Free Member

Looks like my BULB.
    The numbers on it will be the date of manufacture.
    QR kits do exist, mine is and always has been QR, I thought the 20mm conversion was the option!

Rich
    Free Member

Just had a closer look and the code appears to be 05-04-BL.

I took out the 20mm spacers and one of them is around 6/7mm longer than the other.

So it’s looking likely to be a bulb isn’t it?

Thanks guys!! 🙂

LsD
    Free Member

If it’s a Blub, ye’ll need one of these:
    http://www.hopegb.com/voir_PBUAV_image__tgrandeimage_1.html

I got mine from Kustombikes.com, though it doesn’t look like they still have them- might be worth contacting Hope themselves.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just be careful when you order the conversion kit. You need to specify 6 bolt as the axle kits for 5 bolt hope bulbs are a different size.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What Hope hubs have I got?’ is closed to new replies.