Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)
  • What have you learned today?
  • bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

CharlieMungus – Member
    bjj.andy.w – Member
    Learnt a new move at bjj training tonight that could break someone’s leg.
    POSTED 30 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    You can break someones leg giving them a bj ?
    You are young grasshopper but you will learn 8)

busydog
    Free Member

I learned my Toyota Tacoma won’t go as far with the fuel warning light on as the handbook says it will—not nearly as far

Northwind

I’ve learned that if you’re inattentive, it’s perfectly possible to fit a set of forks upside down and not notice until you’ve done up the stem and think “Why are the bars fouling the toptu… Oh.”

float
    Free Member

old bikes are a pain in the ass.

globalti
    Free Member

From a feature on R4 about mixed race and genetics; that most people in Scotland can digest dairy products but most people in southern Spain cannot.

philconsequence
    Free Member

it would take me ten years to earn what a premier football person earns in a week.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There are a very, very large number of very, very attractive women in Moscow. 8)

philconsequence
    Free Member

that some people dont google things before choosing a shop name:

avdave2

That ship worms don’t like the brackish waters of the Baltic and combined with enough pollution to kill nearly all living things you can raise a ship of the seabed after 333 years and when you then see it you won’t believe your eyes.
    If your ever in Stockholm you have to go and see the Vasa.

_tom_
    Free Member

That ski jackets also make good autumn/winter bike jackets due to their warmth, water repellant properties and also their long sleeves.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Looks like this is rolling into Wednesday then…gotta be something you learned today though 🙂

Hope Jimmer’s knee is better today.

Jamie
    Free Member

I learnt I have to drive to Heathrow tomorrow night to pick up my brother, as he is flying in from Athens to do a training course in London……apparently last time he was here I drunkenly told him not to bother hiring a car as I would pick him up.

Bluff. Called.

philconsequence
    Free Member

what time are you going to heathrow jamie?

globalti
    Free Member

That the Greek economy is in a mess and we are expected to pick up the pieces because Greek businessmen and politicians are stealing all the country’s money and investing it in London.

Jamie
    Free Member

what time are you going to heathrow jamie?

Get there for about 1930-ish. Flight is not not 100% confirmed yet, will know for sure sometime today.

donsimon
    Free Member

That the Greek economy is in a mess and we are expected to pick up the pieces because Greek businessmen and politicians are stealing all the country’s money and investing it in London.

You only learned that today? 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

1930 from Cambridge. That’s one hell of a bluff called. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m my own worse enemy, Darcy.

philconsequence
    Free Member

awww his flight times conflict with the sunny ride i was planning to invite you to. have words with him and let him know how disappointed i am.

Jamie
    Free Member

Will kick him in the balls first chance I get.

TimP
    Free Member

I learnt that “1st thing” is not the same to all people.

Off to meet an architect “1st thing” at 11:30am…

bigsi
    Free Member

I learnt that my CX bike doesn’t react well to being tail whipped off a kerb when you get it wrong 😯

New wheel please 🙁

ahwiles
    Free Member

reversing up Rivelin street is a good way to completely knacker your clutch.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

That Kencos ‘Millicano’ is total B*ll*cks

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I learned that Daktarin make a cream for athlete’s foot and a gel for throat infections and that both tubes look almost identical. Be sure to make sure you get the correct one if you ask the pharmacist for some kids.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Hope ton posts on here after learning today that all is well. 8)

ohnohesback
    Free Member

There ain’t no good in an evil-hearted woman
    And I ain’t cut out to be no Jesse James
    And you don’t go writing hot cheques down in Mississippi
    And there ain’t no good chain gang

DezB
    Free Member

Yesterday I learned that stomach staples can be made of titanium.

And that women in red Minis have no brains (only my second collision in 20 years and both were women in red Minis!)
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqICht1HZF8[/video]

ourmaninthenorth

That I’m pleased I left private practice and got my life back.

RealMan
    Free Member

I’ve learned that if you’re inattentive, it’s perfectly possible to fit a set of forks upside down and not notice until you’ve done up the stem and think “Why are the bars fouling the toptu… Oh.”

As in, literally upside down? Or did you mean backwards.. 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Yodel are a the jokers of the courier world.

awww his flight times conflict with the sunny ride i was planning to invite you to. have words with him and let him know how disappointed i am.

Ships that pass in the night, Phil.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Hey DezB that was an interesting one cos the blue car let her out, no? So it was as much the blue car’s fault as her’s?

Anyway i’ve learnt the difference between complimentary and complementary!

nedrapier

I’ve learned that santander’s automatic security birth date check is not working. Good to know I’ve not forgotten my birthday.

Help for ton:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prodigal-Son-Martin-Simpson/dp/B000SNSUKG

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Banjoman-Tribute-Derroll-Various-Artists/dp/B000050L7O/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1317209986&sr=1-2

Edit: that’s obviously help with the “folk type music” rather than the op. No hidden messages in there! Hope all’s gone well!

Solo
    Free Member

😥

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

‘sup Solo?

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve learnt that the HUGE sneeze I unleashed on Monday has knackered my lower back far more than I thought – rest of week resting, off work, looking at glorious riding weather and looking forward to more physio on Monday…… 🙁

emsz
    Free Member

That lots of people on STW struggle with the concept of what’s cool and what’s not cool.

yunki
    Free Member

I went to the hospital and by the power of ultrasound scanning I learned that my pregnant girlfriend is about halfway through very successfully incubating a baby brother for yunki Jr… 😀 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Hey DezB that was an interesting one cos the blue car let her out, no? So it was as much the blue car’s fault as her’s?

Yeah, people are always doing that on that junction. Usually the car coming out checks – or goes quickly if they see a bike. Usually they don’t STOP in front of the bike so it has nowhere else to go!!!

Cooroo
    Free Member

That with a sprained ankle you do NOT have time to put seeds in a pan on the gas, go upstairs and synch your iPod, and get back down before the seeds burn. Poo.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘What have you learned today?’ is closed to new replies.