Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What happens to an inner tube when you give up tubeless systems…..
  • missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I’ve had a tube in my back tyre for a while now, after the tyre kept on burping off the rim with Joe’s No Tubes. Not been replaced since.

Punctured yesterday, tube totally glued to inside of tyre. Required tyre removing from rim, then using a leatherman to cut out a “rim strip” from the inside of the tube. Bollox, it was cold.

epicyclo

I hate gloop which is why I don’t go tubeless. You have confirmed my suspicions.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Am now left waiting for the weather to warm up to remove the front tyre & tube. Arsed if I’m doing it while it is so cold.
    Was like removing a tubular tyre!

I’ve not long bought some Spesh Storm Controls, but was in two minds whether to fit them or not, but if the old Panaracers will now stick to inner tubes due to the tubless latex then I’ll put the Spesh on.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I hate gloop which is why I don’t go tubeless. You have confirmed my suspicions.

Really?

That reads like self inflicted troubles to me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I hear many of them are homeless and some have even committed suicide.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Really?

That reads like self inflicted troubles to me

I accept that if a tubless burps off a rim on a ride then a good thing would be to replace the tube again the following day to avoid latex gumminess problems weeks or possibly months down the line. But life often means after a days ride there isn’t time to preen & pamper a bike the following day – which is what led to my problem the other day. Still can’t be bothered going back to tubeless again though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What happens to an inner tube when you give up tubeless systems…..’ is closed to new replies.