Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What grease for DT star ratchets? 36T
  • nedrapier

Any hints, tips, facts, rumours or scare stories? njee20? these on order from Action sports, partly down to your recommendations. Ta. good value, and quick from the evidence so far.

Stuff I’ve read up to now:
    Their own stuff is hideously expensive.
    Maintenance (and the type of grease is more important with the 36T than the 18T
    DT will happily recommend “light grease” other than their own.

I’ve got Silkolene PRO RG2 in the cupboard. Will that do?

Or..

Will I Die?

Ta

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

I have a new pot of Dt swiss special grease that I forked out for my 240s but since selling my 240s, have no use for it.

I’ll sell for a nominal amount. 😀

nedrapier

Perfect! where do you live? close enough for a pint or two? (London?)

nedrapier

And why did you sell the hubs?

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Glos unfortunately and the best wheels ever, were fitted to the bike I sold.

Ambrose

I serviced my hubs about two years ago (240s) and just used Castrol LM I seem to remember, nothing special at all. Getting the ratchet ring out was a bit of a bugger though. The special tool is absolutely essential- try eBay. And the ring is very hard to remove- it took two of us to get enough force to turn the wheel. We managed to drag the workshop bench across the floor at one stage.

njee20
    Free Member

Afraid I’ve always had access to their own stuff, to be honest though, my road ones haven’t been touched in years and are far noisier than my MTB ones, which I suspect is symptomatic of running them dry. still work fine!

I’d probably use a thick, wet chain lube rather than a grease, Pedros Syn Lube or something.

nedrapier

Once: Glos could work, we’re in Worcs seeing the gf’s parents in a weekend or two. Will email. Might be post and PayPal’s easier.

mboy
    Free Member

we’re in Worcs seeing the gf’s parents in a weekend or two.

Swing by with a couple of spoonfuls of the stuff for me too would you (Worcs too, got 2 sets of DT hubs here), I’ll buy you a pint! 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What grease for DT star ratchets? 36T’ is closed to new replies.