Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What forks should I put on my explosif…and has anyone got any to sell ?
  • brack
    Free Member

Hi there,

Right – my 96 Kona Explosif is in need of a revamp. The forks have seized and I was thinking of shortening/replacing the quill stem for a shorter a head set up.

What forks would look best and has anyone got a set?

I was thinking maybe Pace???

glenp
    Free Member

Don’t cock it up by fitting 100mm forks though! Did that to mine – big mistake, despite it feeling not too bad to start with… over time I realised that the spark had gone from the handling. I wouldn’t go mad on the stem shortening either – 100mm min.

I ended up getting some short Project 2s – super rigid and super fast steering! And “right” for the bike. And light. And cheap.

sofatester
    Free Member

I second the Project II’s!

Don’t touch anything else, perfect bike for blasting round the woods on!

brack
    Free Member

It’s going to be my main bike 😳

mefty
    Free Member

I nearly bought one of those got the Kona AA instead, I would look at the new SIDs or the Magura Durins

retro83
    Free Member

80mm bomber Z2 Flylights or RockShox Mag 21s

brack
    Free Member

Retro…are they for sale or was that a sugestion?

scu98rkr
    Free Member

why not just get some 80mm rebas or the u-turn rebas they go down to 85mm Im sure there shorter than 80mm bombers

ampthill

I road my mates 1994 explosif on Sarurday

You need a shorter stem! I mean I use to love this bike, he let me go round slick rock on it in 1994. But long stem handling ass in the air isn’t great

I would go for a shorter stem. Forks is an issue. Marzocchi Z2 or Z3 would be great buts its ebay. But they are completely maintainable bt windwave

If money is no object you want fork F80 as they are short. Failing that Rock shox 80 forks will slacken it a bit but it will be OK, they are longer than the Z2’s. My 93 Kona, the year before Kona did any suspension correction was lovely with 80mm forks

my view. Your only bike 8)

John

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What forks should I put on my explosif…and has anyone got any to sell ?’ is closed to new replies.