Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What external Bluetooth storage for iPad and android??
  • cheekyget
    Free Member

My iPhone and all our iPads and other android phones have loads and loads of priceless photos on them.
    What’s the best/ recommended Bluetooth external hard drive to store all these pic on ??
    Because the i things are all nearly full…
    Thanks

allthepies
    Free Member

Plug them in to a PC/Mac/Whatever using a cable and transfer the files off using that. Or send them to a cloud backup service over Wifi/Internet direct from the device.

I’ve not seen a bluetooth external hard drive before, there’s probably a very good reason for that 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

I don’t think Bluetooth would be the best. How about a NAS, basically a hard drive that sits on your network. When you are on WiFi at home you can copy files over. Probably worth looking at online back up too If you value the pictures. You can back up pictures with Google plus on android, I’m sure there’s something similar on apple

geoffj

Dropbox / Google drive / one drive

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As above cloud automatically.

xiphon
    Free Member

Flickr!

Cougar

One thing to consider,

Local storage for “priceless” data is at risk from home disasters like fire or burglary. I’d suggest local storage for convenience, but backed up offsite, be that the “cloud” or another drive somewhere else. (I take a hard disk to my mum’s periodically.)

cheekyget
    Free Member

Thanks guys…..so if I use my iCloud …that only gives me so much storage, then for extra I have to pay for yearly..is this the same for Google +…..or is it a one off fee
    What is the best price ” cloud” type storage …because I have. Loads of pictures/vids all on 20 or so SD cards from 1 GB to 32 GB
    Most of it is my little boy from birth to now….priceless!!

catvet
    Free Member

Leef USB for iPhone prob works with iPad too?

Cougar

Reckon the first thing I’d do there is to copy everything onto a PC so that it’s all in one place. And I’d do that Right Now before you lose anything.

nickjb
    Free Member

Google+ is free for photos up to a certain size. Bigger ones it shrinks down to that size. Its plenty big enough for phone pics. Worth doing even if you pay for storage elsewhere. Its good to have a few copies in few different places. And keeps a local copy as well: usb drive or NAS.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What external Bluetooth storage for iPad and android??’ is closed to new replies.