Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • What does your table/desk say about you?
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Being a particularly messy person, I was recently told you could tell a lot about a person from the contents of their desk. Here's mine, what does it say?

IanMunro
    Free Member

It says your mind isn't constrained by the straitjacket of tidiness 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

🙂 I'm glad you're on my side! Anyone else want to subject their tables to ridicule?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It tells me that I've just had a drink and I like to pick my ears with a bent paperclip…..

IanMunro
    Free Member

I'd show you mine if I could find my camera 🙂

compositepro
    Free Member

dunno but the motors too big for the marshmallow ferry…engineering fail

snowslave

Mine tells me I am engrossed in research as to the relative merits of chorley cakes vs eccles cakes, meanwhile the work laptop in the background is blubbing at how it is being ignored despite deadlines looming and me being out on a night ride tonight.

Think Francis Drake did the same, only with bowls.

coffeeking
    Free Member

@Ian 😆 I'm currently hunting for the locking wheel nut key for my car, not seen it for 3 years 😯

composite – that engine goes in a composite boat hull I made that's no bigger than the yacht in the background 🙂 Engineering pass (quickly) 🙂

And eccles cakes must be the winners, with a little marg on top.

Surfr
    Free Member

Not today but not much has changed. Theres a box of kleenex, a couple pens, some printouts and an iphone, keys, wallet and spare pair if trousers to go home tonight.

ski
    Free Member

not sure if the knife or latex worries me more coffeeking

Go on then…

compositepro
    Free Member

i stand corrected must be a bit of a different scale

coffeeking
    Free Member

Surfr – thats one seriously devoid desk. Are you in management? 🙂

Ski – latex – bikey ghetto goo. Knife – just like knives.
    Thats a serious array of fishing floats there! And what are those public bridleway things that look like badges?

composite –

Only 18cc. C of G is all wrong, its in bits again for modification.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Mine is the same as yours ck but its the kitchen table…..

coffeeking
    Free Member

You have latex and knives too? Ace! I'm not alone!

naokfreek
    Free Member

Ha Ha, my sister was round last week and could'nt believe the mess, 'it looks like a bloody garage in here!'

As for the gf….i just tell her not to worry about it.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

that it needs to be tidied as in about 3 hours it becomes part of the guest bedroom for my mother in law

coffeeking
    Free Member

mmw – that IS tidy isnt it?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

it is tidier than it was, purely because the vast mountain of receipts are now filed in the box on the right 🙂

out of shot is a rather full bin bag as well

jojoA1
    Free Member

Work desk says, I'm busy with too much paperwork, disorganised and that I like ladybirds and bikes.

Home table says I'm a scruffy get who doesn't like washing up or paperwork but likes bikes.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

MMW – doesn't the mother-in-law live under the desk and the grill then get fitted to the front?

ski
    Free Member

bridleway signs, were fake ones made up by my boss as a prank who decided to put a bridleway past my desk as a joke one day. kept the signs as they were quite good mock ups.

Think it was his way of objecting to me keeping my bike in the office, went over my head anyway 😉

Floats, bought to go fishing with my little one next week, crucian carp bashing at a local pool.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

You guys need introducing to the joy that is 5S from lean manaufacturing!! I have my laptop a pen and my current document on my desk. 🙁

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Jon – no, how the hell is she going to paint the bedroom/mow the lawn/dig the garden from there?

uplink
    Free Member

Guess I'm in the untidy camp?

coffeeking
    Free Member

You're borderline there uplink, I see bare desk!

nickc

uplink, are you really really tall, or are you standing on a chair?

uplink
    Free Member

uplink, are you really really tall, or are you standing on a chair?

stool 🙂

chvck
    Free Member

that i should do some washing up?

mema
    Free Member

Yesterday morning I tidied my desk, today it is covered with lots of papers, post it notes with ramblings on them, 4 cups of half drunk coffee or juice and then there is the gold (99.99.996% purity) 25m of the stuff along with some lasers.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Uplink, that's not messy from where I'm sitting, Straighten up the paper and it's tidy…. isn't it?

Or am I just a scruffy slattern?

Jamie
    Free Member

Tidier than usual.

uplink
    Free Member

Uplink, that's not messy from where I'm sitting

d'you mind having a quick word with the missus for me?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Full marks to JoJo for use of "slattern". Like it.

My desk is a mess, but I am not sure it really opens a window on the full darkness of my wizened little soul.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

My desk at work is always a complete mess of papers, but I know where everything is and I never lose anything.
    My bosses on the other hand, is always immaculate with not a piece of paper in sight. She files/throws everything away and can never find it again!!

jova54
    Free Member

For me this is tidy

but Mrsjova keeps wanting to tidy it. 👿

MrOvershoot

This is the cleanest its been in years

Though I had a bit of entertainment for a couple of days watching this out of the office/workshop window

richardk
    Free Member

My desk is currntly JD Wetherspoon in Edinburgh airport. Hotdesking sometimes has advantages

jojoA1
    Free Member

Jamie, are you allowed on the internets without parental supervision?, just asking like… 😉

Clean and tidy are very different though aren't they? My desk is both untidy and unclean. I'm currently cultivating a nice collection of oatcake crumbs amongst the keys on my computer. My colleague however, who suffers from dry skin, well he's trying to create a whole other person, judging by the amount of scurf on his mouse matt and wrist support.

I'm also about to run out of clean mugs… what tools for peeling off coffee mould?

ziggy
    Free Member

Mine at work, at home is alot tidier.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I'm also about to run out of clean mugs… what tools for peeling off coffee mould?

Clearly the tongue is the only tool in this situation.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘What does your table/desk say about you?’ is closed to new replies.