Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 249 total)
  • What do you do for a living?
  • sofatester
    Free Member

I sell EPO to the BCF.

Business is good!

hora
    Free Member

aren’t the vast majority of limousine hires for 16 year old girls birthday parties

we all know they don’t wear knickers these days Hora

Err I didnt know that. When I was 16 they did (briefly)

chakaping
    Free Member

S-Works – Haha, Camden’s dealers are taking food off your plate!

I’m not betting on Celeb BB, my spider senses aren’t tingling about anyone.

I did a photoshop course last year which was given by a woman who does the same job as you – I was amazed at what can be achieved by those with the skills.

Stoner
    Free Member

Freelance Real Estate Analyst. I crunch numbers for companies that build, buy, sell or occupy very large/expensive properties like shopping malls, City of London office buildings etc.

Not many people around that do what I do so I’ve always got a choice of work. Where feasibility analysis work is drying up (d’uh) I’ve now got a new line in analysing “distressed projects” for people…I feel like a pawn broker 🙂

TBH, and unlike our esteemed leader, when the sunny times shined I made my hay and got our finances/house/assets in good order so even if things go woefully for the next few years* we wont be in any trouble.

Talking to someone about 2011 and £30bn of bullet payments falling due on commerical real estate around then…could be a long war this one! 🙂

nickc

Run (with my Partner) a telemarketing company specializing in Financial services…Dull, but business is steady. Managed to get a 30% increase in price out of my largest customer last year, which couldn’t have been timed better TBH.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I am hoping to change from what I am doing now in the middle of the year and my job right now is just a means to an end.

Budgie
    Free Member

Capn, yeah Le Chem no problem

Check out http://www.k-w-g.co.uk

Not a very good site but will give you an idea

Sorry all out of MP5, but have GSG 5!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Space and Aerospace Systems Design Engineer / Consultant / Analyst / Occasional Programmer, Trainer, Sales and Marketing and whatever needs doing. Most contracts are government/inter-government agency funded so hoping to ride-out the recession – fingers crossed.

Stumpi
    Free Member

Mobile workforce software sales for housing and utility companies.

Soon to be a mountain bike and snowboard guide if the worlds a fair place. 😕

carlphillips
    Free Member

podiatrist. private practice. business is ok so far….

gingerflash

I’m a medical lawyer. No sign of the downturn having any impact on us yet. Business is just the same as ever.

crazy-legs

Absolutely sod all! I *was* an industrial chemist until a few days before Christmas.
    Filling in my benefits/redundancy pay with a bit of freelance photography and journalism until someone sees fit to employ me properly 😉

Wozza
    Free Member

Virtual Reality Engineer

Stoner
    Free Member

Virtual Reality Engineer

can you prove that?

Wozza
    Free Member

I can make you think you saw me prove it

Yardley_Hastings
    Free Member

for the next 4 weeks I’m a senior programme manager at a mobile manufacturer, however I’m on gardening leave pending the bullet in the back of the neck and shallow grave in the woods along with 999 of my collegues across europe on 4th Feb.
    since I get a ridiculously generous payoff I’m trying to train in the manner of a pro until i get another job (will probably take a while) to see what happens and what might have been if I’d got into racing when I was young. Until the 4th I’m taking the company motor and fuel card down to the south of france to see how many miles I can put on it and also some (hopefully) warm weather training having sorted out some free accommodation, hurrah!

gixer.john
    Free Member

Construction Health And Safety manager

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

service engineer for a large’ish forklift company just started yesterday after moving from a smaller company cause didn’t feel to safe there current firm are doing ok more money less hours so more bike parts more time to ride 😀

watly_biker
    Free Member

Just been made redundant – I was working part time for a big corporate logistics company doing a boring strategy and planning job. Looking forward to doing something different and picking the kids up from school every day.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Artist, always starving, so no change here!

uplink
    Free Member

Technical Project Manager for a company supplying outside broadcast facilities & satellite bandwidth

casper33
    Free Member

Funeral Director – how cool is that!!! i have my own business, the chicks love it!

kinda666
    Free Member

I play with trains all day!

soma_rich
    Free Member

I’m a database developer, but I used to work for Ordnance Survey doing GIS stuff. Conor where do you work?

nickname
    Free Member

Senior software developer, and our in-house DB guru 🙂

richtea
    Free Member

It’s quite scary how many replies here are along the lines of possibly being made redundant or have already been made redundant!

I work in the media industry (actually, for a rival publisher to STW :D) and, if I’m to believe the powers that be, we seem to be doing better than ever. Apparently people haven’t cut back on buying magazine subscriptions, music and films yet! Or maybe they’re just saying that :/

marcus
    Free Member

Geotechnical & Geo-Environmental Consultant here. It’s a bit sloooooooow at the moment.

Kuco

I work in flood risk management for the Environment Agency.

alpin
    Free Member

was up untill christmas a carpenter with a small firm. the over enthusiastic german work ethic got on my tits so chucked it in and will be training as an english teacher in feb.

the recession isn’t so bad yet in germany but i do know of people who have been made redundant and some are saying they have less work, but it isn’t as severe as in england. unfortunately the sales haven’t started, or if they have i’ve missed them. was really pleased that everything on the high street in england was slashed upto 75%.

people here are always wanting to learn english privately. either for their jobs or so that their kids make it through the next year of school without being dropped a class (oh the shame!).

to be honest i’m not too bothered if i sit here without a full-time job. in fact it’s secretly what i’m hoping for so that i can go out on my bike more…..

J

soma_rich
    Free Member

to be honest i’m not too bothered if i sit here without a full-time job

Nice to be in a situation where you CAN!

squattingmouse
    Free Member

I teach maths. They learn (hopefully).

alpin
    Free Member

nah, i can work if i need to. part-time/private teaching or carpentry if i have to.

rent, as with a lot of things, is a lot cheaper over here. the nearest hill is a five minute ride away followed by a 2hour ascent.

i figure in life one doesn’t need a lot of money to have fun, just the time and the tools….

J

markenduro
    Free Member

Railway industry, processing engineering data. Hopefully pretty stable for the next year or 2.

soma_rich
    Free Member

i figure in life one doesn’t need a lot of money to have fun, just the time and the tools….

In the UK you need a fairly good income just to survive at the moment.

djglover
    Free Member

Planning Manager at your favorite gas supplier.

alpin
    Free Member

yeah, one reason i’m not there. when work dried up end 07 i left. after meeting a few mate over christmas it seems it was a wise move. one of them showed me his cheque for 255quid. a weeks work. the first full week in 6 weeks.

building game is dead. not much of a game anymore i guess. more like a sinking ship.

Gephaudio
    Free Member

Qualified Audiologist, now working for a German hearing instrument company

grahamb
    Free Member

Solutions architect for a linux distro.

flatwarwick
    Free Member

Like marcus i’m a geotechnical/geo-environmental engineering consultant. The housing down turn has hit us pretty hard but we seem to be battling through at the moment.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Im an offshore instrument technician, and feel a little guilty to be saying it, but works has never been as buoyant, loads of jobs about, and paying very good money.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 249 total)

The topic ‘What do you do for a living?’ is closed to new replies.