Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What do you call the thing I need? Gas Vent / DIY Content..
  • pealy
    Free Member

Any help appreciated – Anyone know what I google for to find a cover to stop the wind blowing out my pilot light? I have two of the kinds of things below (wall vent?) on an external wall, one has a box round it to stop the wind blowing in (but still allows ventilation) the other is just open like the pic. Both are the outlets from gas appliances.

What’s the box called – what do I search for? Will any old ventilation cap/box be okay or do I need something special because it’s venting a gas appliance?

Any advice would be really welcome..

wwaswas

If you do anything to the vent you need to get a ‘registered’ person to ok it/issue a certificate.

You don’t want your new windproof vent stopping all the CO getting out your boiler and instead directing it back into the house.

pealy
    Free Member

..naturally! But what’s it called??

wrightyson
    Free Member

The other one is probably a balanced flue.

RustyMac

Do you mean something like this?

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Cat/Wall-Caps/818/List

totalshell

if the vent is directly fixed to a gas appliance than it is part of that appliance and can only be replaced with a part specified by the manufacturer.
    naturally only a gassafe registered engineer can carry out work on a gas appliance or any gas or products of combustion carrying part/ assembly ie your ‘vent’
    call a registered engineer out and seek thier advice.. it will only take 5 minutes etc

pealy
    Free Member

Okay, okay, I’ll get the pro’s in.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What do you call the thing I need? Gas Vent / DIY Content..’ is closed to new replies.