Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • What do people think are the signs and symptoms of depression?
  • palmer77
    Free Member

mrkstvnz – Member
    Signs and symptoms.
    I feel like no one would even utter a word about mental health issues even if it was slapping them in the face. Anxiety and depression here for all my life. Well 20 years anyways. Not one family member has asked in that time. Not one friend has asked at all. So for the last eight years I’ve kept myself to myself and am a recluse. From a teen to 32 I’ve always masked it and hid it and always worked. Now 38.
    Anyways when you need people the most and all that. Yes I’ve done psychiatrist, doctors etc. and I am on medication. Took a long time to find something that seems to help. I struggle around people. Anxiety etc. You know what? It’s so easy to spot , I can’t believe people DONT. Or moreover don’t want to acknowledge.. I’m frightened out my life. What more does anyone want. Signs and symptoms are easy to spot, but engagement from friends and family can go by in a lifetime.
    Sad
    Frightened
    Worried
    Paranoid
    Not seeing friends
    Reluctant to go out
    To be here or not
    Not washing
    Scared
    Low
    Weight fluctuations
    Anxious
    Depressed
    Nothing matters
    And if you come up with the same answer for life or death
    Suicide
    Possible addiction
    Nightmares
    Just a few things that overtakes your, mind,body,soul,,spirit and being.
    Have I done the right thing in posting? Maybe, maybe not. Much love to anyone who needs it. Life’s life. We have all got one.

I wholeheartedly **** agree…

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Of course you have done the right thing posting.

palmer77
    Free Member

I feel suffocated, drowning in life. I felt peace at the bottom of the pool, with the pressure of the water comforting my aching bones….

tonyja
    Free Member

Totally done the right thing in posting. Im my experience the problem is worse before its shared, talking about it, a lot if possible, helps see it more objectively.

Tim Ferriss (he of the 4hour trend and successful startup investor) has written a timely piece on all this just a couple of days ago

http://fourhourworkweek.com/2015/05/06/how-to-commit-suicide/ – Don’t worry about the title – the content is very different…

jakd95
    Free Member

Almost always talking about it, even to strangers on the Internet helps. Just sharing and getting it off your chest can be beneficial and you’ve done the right thing in posting.

I find one of the worst symptoms for me is the complete lack of motivation to do anything when I’m having a bad day. It’s sucks because it stops me from doing stuff that I know if I actually go and do (seeing friends/going for a ride et.) will make a difference and help me feel better. But I just can’t make myself do them.

It’s normal (if you’re suffering from depression) to have good days and bad days and the bad days are often not even caused by anything. You can just wake up feeling shitty and that’s just how it goes.

Depression and other mental illnesses are horrible, but they seem to be carrying less of a stigma and are being talked about more freely now than ever before which is a step in the right ddirection.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘What do people think are the signs and symptoms of depression?’ is closed to new replies.