Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • what did Santa bring you?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

My daughter bought me ‘The Belgian Hammer’ can’t wait to get stuck into that.
    The missus got me some serious grown ups Sherry and some nice Spanish nibbles.
    Just waiting to commander the comfy reading chair.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Mrs Ming gave me a large sum of money towards my new back wheel (think of it as an MOD procurement disaster with spiralling costs and delays)

Will be very bling when finished.

samuri
    Free Member

Jumpers, T-shirts, booze and socks. 😉

My wife did do good though and got me some very nice Endura tights and some quality coloured pencils.

(And I did buy myself a cross bike just before christmas. 😉 )

mboy
    Free Member

I just bloody love my Dad at times… Seriously. Unless he can buy it in one of two shops, at 4pm on Christmas Eve, all I ever get is a “sorry I couldn’t find anything I thought you would like”. This year I made it easy for him, I let him know with probably 10 days to go what I’d like, I researched for him where to get it from, and how much it was etc. All he had to do was get it…

I got a text message at about 5pm on Friday saying “just been to try and couldn’t find what you wanted in xyz shop in local town, they didn’t have one, sorry”… FFS! His laziness knows no bounds… It really grates on me cos he’s been the same for as long as I’ve known, he was like it when I was a kid too, only until I was 14 at least my Mum was still around to give him a kick up the arse!

And by the way, I wasn’t after much at all, in fact I’d have been quite happy not to do any present giving and receiving at all, but it is insisted upon by others. Only my Dad sees fit to choose to be a lazy git, like it is an excuse! I bloody hate shopping too, but I asked what he wanted, and went out and found it and got one. I did all the leg work for him on the gift I’d asked for, all he had to do was buy the damned thing from the right place!

EDIT: Sat enjoying the 2 presents I bought myself for Christmas though, my new MacBook Pro is ace (13″ with a Core i7 processor!) and some errrr “Jewellery” I quite liked the look of… Probably say no more on that matter!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Santa brought me (early) a BeOne carbon hardtail frame – think he might have got it at CRC…

Was allowed to build it up last week and took it for a good thrashing round Haldon yesterday – very pleased indeed.

Also got the Tintin Complete Companion, bottle of Absolut, bottle of nice Port, book about underground Britain and some dosh. Oh and a furry flying helmet style hat from my daughters. 🙂

brokensoul
    Free Member

The wife and I got a Panasonic Lumix TZ20 camera (thanks to the tips on here), pre-using our gift money. Great photos.

Technical questions to follow. 😕

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Tickets for blazing fiddles. Yay !

Flaperon

A rather splendid Hope District rear LED light. It comes with the battery, splitter, and charger so I just need to find the front light and I’m sorted.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Ooh … just done present unwrapping …

Am exceedingly chuffed with getting the Adventure Cycle-Touring Handbook – here’s to spending winter’s evenings planning a lifetime of trips! Plus a box of specialities coffees … mmmm

Got some lovely jewelry as well … but suspect it might be somewhat different from mboy’s 😉

mboy
    Free Member

Got some lovely jewelry as well … but suspect it might be somewhat different from mboy’s

Haha

Prey do tell Sue! 😉

Sue_W
    Free Member

mboy – Girl’s never tell!

Although I did at my work Christmas party when exceedingly inebriated …

mboy
    Free Member

hahahahaha Sue

That’s quite funny

Though now I’m VERY intrigued… And I suspect that you might find my present to myself somewhat closer to yours than you expected then!

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Got a book…

I, Patridge – We need to talk about Alan.

An absolute joy to read and proper piss funny!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Nowt…but tiredy legs and hungry tummy from a blustery 100k on the deserted roads 😀

SBrock
    Free Member

Seriously spoilt……Meyer stainless pans, Senna Blu Ray, Steve Jobs biography, Aqua Di Gio smellies, fat face vouchers, iTunes voucher, baileys, scarf, wallet and best off all seeing my daughter tomorrow!

yossarian
    Free Member

I got a cookbook and a little docking/speaker thingy. My main role today has been constructing playmobil stuff for the kids. 2 pirate ships and castle so far, hundreds of pieces. Must remember to build them in advance next time!

stylish
    Free Member

A hand luggage sized case off the wife, which she informs me will be handy for my clothes, if i decide to buy another bike in the new year.

And my mum bought me xt shifters! just what i wanted to complete the rebuild of mt anthem over the winter!

mboy
    Free Member

Just to clarify, Sue_W you are my new Hero/Heroine!

If ever you’re in the Midlands and want a bike ride, gimme a shout, or likewise if I’m in Snowdonia again I’ll say hi! 😉

matt_outandabout

Shared pressie between me and the kids… 🙂

dawson

My missus got me a days guided riding in the Peak District from that Groupon thingy, even though we had agreed we weren’t getting each other anything, other than me buying tickets so we could go and see Kasabian, and her buying tickets so we could go and see Death in Vegas. Might have to take her shopping or something!

My brother got me a bottle of Muc-off and some Seal Skins socks, and my mum got me V-graphics White Peak guide book along with a £200 cheque for me to spend on what I want.

Feeling very spoilt!!

(and I ordered myself a Genesis Latitude on Friday!)

Sue_W
    Free Member

Cheers mboy 🙂

Give me a shout if you’re ever up this way. Oh, and have a fantastic new year – hope the music course continues to go well.

ditch_jockey

Wife bought me a lovely Rab VR Guide jacket, which I was stupid enough to wear out to walk the dogs. After about 10 mins, it came off and spent the remainder of the walk over my arm – it’s seriously warm out, even at 9.00pm at night.

Other than that, I got Andy Kirkpatrick’s new book, some nice chocolate, very swanky toiletries from my niece, including a small jar of anti-wrinkle cream which I teased her about for some time, some Smartwool hillwalking socks to replace the one’s the dog used as a chew toy earlier in the year, and some new boxers.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Not actually bin good enough little boy this year to deserve anything, but I forgot I’d bin sent a tiny baby Apache hekelopter by Peteimprezza’s missus, and as already mentioned, have managed to knack a paper lampshade and sustain a head injury. 😐

TBH it’s too fast to be flown in my little flat without causing excessive collateral damage, so I might take it down the local sports centre to have a go with it there.

Cletus

Star Wars coasters
    Darth Vader key ring
    Blue Angry Bird
    Football autobiography
    Set of false moustaches
    Two boxes of beer

Very happy

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

A bread maker, a bottle of export strength Bombay sapphire and all of the family round for a great big dinner which was lovely.

WillH

Some lego off the mother-in-law, a periodic table calendar off my son (7 weeks old, may have help from his mum), vouchers for the local home-brew shop, and a full kegging system for my brews… totally stoked 🙂

Alcopop
    Free Member

Oakley jawbones from my kids
    (only partly financed by me!!)
    Some more cycling gear from the Mrs
    6 days in May DVD
    Aftershave
    Tickets to see Bonnie Prince Billy in January
    Im a happy man
    even working today isnt taking the shine off it
    although roll on 4pm !!

njee20
    Free Member

The rents got me a trip to go and do some laps of the Top Gear track in a DB9 and an Audi R8. I’m very very excited!

CaptJon
    Free Member

I had the smallest pile as is customary:

Buff
    Read LED
    a metric tonne of sugared almonds
    a book about Bletchley Park
    PJ lounge pants
    howies tshirt

beckykirk43
    Free Member

main presents were an ipod dock/clock radio thingy, couple of t-shirts (one of which was very awesome!), couple of dvds, zelda for the wii, chocolate and money

Sadly no bike related stuff (I had optimistically asked for a frame…), still very happy 🙂

Off shopping today with the family to get Wii motion plus so I can actually play Zelda, might spend some of my money on some new converses seen as mine finally died last week after years of faithful service!

white101

lots of red wine
    senna dvd
    ck smellies
    nile rodgers autobiog
    couple of nice photo frames I want for some B&W i have taken recently
    couple of cd’s

didnt get anything from mrs white as we getting each other a new garage door soon, saving up for that

i did manage to get her a cbt thingy sorted for impending visit to scooter shop.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

got some gecko skins for my skis

and a stomach bug 😐

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

a great big Mr Grumpy mug

me too!

heated rash vest, the very ultimate in middle age winter surfing luxury, its all charged up and i’m waiting for the tide to push in a little so i can go try it!

emsz
    Free Member

Lovely recipe book from gf and some other “bits and peices” which I won’t go into here… 😳 books, socks, knickers, all that jazz from ‘rents, was v cool day :mrgreen:

Stinking hangover from too much wine last night, and a food baby!!

chllin in front of the telly.

shooterman

Socks (lots), gloves, scarf, 2X games for X Box, posh sweater, £100 voucher for my favourite clothes shop and a financial contribution towards a new Garmin.

donsimon
    Free Member

some other “bits and peices” which I won’t go into here…

It’d be rude not to….
    😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

My missus got me:

A set of Revelation RLT Ti’s as I broke my 44 Micro Ti’s
    A diesel watch
    Some Vans
    A superset hoodie and some other bits & bobs.

Last big blow out before junior arrives in April

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

dog in a hat book and some trojan cd’s off the missus
    slx chainset,front mech and cassette off mum in law and family
    bottle of 10 year old talisker off my 2year old son(with help from wife)
    bottle of 10year old jura from my brother
    singletrack sub from my mum and dad (continue on from last year)

zippykona

Some endura Dexter gloves, minoura turbo trainer, killing boxset, leffe beer, socks and all the usual stuff.
    Still basking in the happiness of the Barbour mrs zip bought me last year. Did say she could wrap it up and give it again as i love it so much.

redthunder
    Free Member

IMG_6295 by SGMTB, on Flickr

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘what did Santa bring you?’ is closed to new replies.