Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • What colour accessories for a ti frame?
  • pop-larkin
    Free Member

After seeing uphillas thread where he has gone red (and lots of it)just wondering what everyone else has gone for- looking for inspiration.
    Pics would be good

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

white

epicsteve
    Free Member

Mainly just what I had lying around so black, silver and some red on the hubs. I hadn't even realised the hubs would be red until the wheels arrived!

bigsi
    Free Member

Blue but be subtle with it i.e. nothing like uphillas overkill of red, his duster looks like a scene from Pulp Fiction IMO 😯

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Anyone gone gold?

postierich
    Free Member

Gone white and blue!

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Postie rich- I like that look!

westkipper
    Free Member

As a rule, black looks good with everything, but matching parts to the colour/s of the graphics also looks good.

druidh
    Free Member

Silver??

druidh
    Free Member

west kipper – Member
    As a rule, black looks good with everything, but matching parts to the colour/s of the graphics also looks good.

That's what I did with this one

epicsteve
    Free Member

I think that road Van Nic would look a lot better with black graphics and finishing bits instead of the blue.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

druidh- that's some serious hose action you've got going on there!

west kipper- black's just a bit boring and my graphics are the blast on-one types so no real help there. 😕

br
    Free Member

Afraid mine is a combination of colours I already had plus parts bought for performance…

New Magura forks in white/red suit it though, but if I was buying for colour, black is usually the answer.

druidh
    Free Member

pop larkin – Member
    druidh- that's some serious hose action you've got going on there!

😆

All tidied up now. I was leaving them a bit long trying to work out what "spare" I needed to run wider/higher rise bars.

druidh
    Free Member

epicsteve – Member
    I think that road Van Nic would look a lot better with black graphics and finishing bits instead of the blue.

That's to make it easier for you to see when I whizz past you on Lanark Road in the morning….

Houns

Silver with pink king h/s and hubs

carbon337
    Free Member

pink king stuff looks cool on that ti456 on here – shame about his bar ends.

epicsteve
    Free Member

That's to make it easier for you to see when I whizz past you on Lanark Road in the morning….

My RoadRat will give it a run for it's money when it arrives!

epicsteve
    Free Member

pink king stuff looks cool on that ti456 on here

Great example of how not to do it IMHO.

cinnamon_girl

Dear me! Use what works BEST! It's a bike, not a posh outfit 🙄

HTH
    C_G
    (Ti tart)

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

IMO – that red didn't work well – black and silver prob work best. also – less is more regarding graphics too.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

CG= party pooper 🙁

westkipper
    Free Member

Thats a great example of what I'm wittering about druidh, ya need a blue saddle though!
    pop larkin, I agree black is sometimes boring, but (usually) classy-but-black beats a messy melange of different hues.

cinnamon_girl

Sorry pop, didn't mean to be. 😳

Here's my girlie but she is now sporting two carbon bottle cages.

Hadge
    Free Member

I mainly went for black as in Tune hubs with Avid Ultimates and Rasta CK headset. The problem is always matching one components colour anodizing against someone elses and that's where you find they don't match – hence the black choices for some parts. The white forks work well with the black and red parts too.

cinnamon_girl

With a Merlin, you don't need to worry about co-ordinating. Classy 8)

ratadog

Gone for what was on the old frame it replaced. Seemed the most cost effective.

tron
    Free Member

Pink.

judderman
    Free Member

gotta be blue, not a good picture but hubs are blue too.

epicyclo

Blue looks good with Ti, but it needs a counter balance. I'm going with gold. Post pics in next couple of days.

westkipper
    Free Member

I'm currently trying to collect red/ gold parts and have some matching decals made up to match the red/gold headtube badge on my Lynskey.
    Unfortunately, the finish on the badge is flaking off.
    Ah well… 😐

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Ooh I like Hadge's bike!

Looks spot-on!

epicyclo

I have just finished building 2 sets of wheels for my Ti Pompino.

One set gold hubs with blue rims, the other red hubs with gold rims. Reckon the blue & gold looks better so that's what's going on. The red won't be wasted – I have a Flying Scot that would probably appreciate them 🙂

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Pop,

You not got it built yet??????

localhero94
    Free Member

Little bits of blue here

blades2000
    Free Member

Blue,

yunki
    Free Member

I would definitely recommend trying to make sure that your handbag matches your ear-rings… and that your eye-shadow matches your nail varnish..

epicsteve
    Free Member

I like the look of that Soda – a little bit of colour but not overpowering. Nice.

tinsy
    Free Member

I went for GOLD… then it got knicked. I do miss this bike 😥

ken_shields
    Free Member

Lots of black and silver going on and mine was no different

Till I powder coated it red that is 😈

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘What colour accessories for a ti frame?’ is closed to new replies.