Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • What Cheap 29er?
  • scud
    Free Member

I think that it is the right tool for the right job really, i truly believe that on a not too technical course, that a 29er really does have it’s advantages, I think that they tend to flounder a bit when the course gets technical, but no more than a lightweight race 26inch bike would, and the bigger wheels and a bit of flex, take a lot of the sting out of a rough course, meaning that you don’t tire so quick. Horses for courses I think.

Here’s my Scandal, built solely with bits from the STW classifieds for just under £550.00 and by far the lightest bike I own.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

chainslapp – YGM

M6TTF
    Free Member

Nice bike scud , those fork legs don’t look long compared to my 29er forks? The adjuster is flush with the bottom of the leg on my toras

arcascomp
    Free Member

Chainslapp, where did you get the Mary?

chainslapp
    Free Member

Got it off Fleabay as the seller (turned out to be a local bike dealer) didn’t know what a 29er was. It was virtually new and an absolute bargain. Is it the bike or the price that you are drawn towards?

arcascomp
    Free Member

Initially I was drawn to the price on Winstanleys, got real keen after reading the reviews. Sadly Winstanleys were writing cheques they couldn’t cash! When I ordered the Mary they had to cancel it as they couldn’t get them 🙁

Don’t know of any others do you?

Cheers,

Craig.

chainslapp
    Free Member

They are pretty rare although I have seen another the same as mine on Fleabay and an SS as well in 20″. You will just have to keep your eyes peeled or take a look at the Diamond Back Mohito which people seem to like.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘What Cheap 29er?’ is closed to new replies.