Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What can i do about noisy neigbours
  • Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Afternoon Folks!

Right the scenario is this:

Always playing loud music until early in the morning, wont answer the door, phoned the police and theyre not interested, refer me to environmental health who said thay they’d visit in the day – thats no good, everyones at work. Neighbours are sick of them…

Peeing in shoes aside, what you suggest? Try talking to them reasonably or keep trying to get the authorities involved…

My cup is about to runneth over and i dont want a ‘falling down’ moment!! 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Well if they won’t answer the door, you could put a note through it. Sounds like it might not be very effective though possibly.

I once got a warning letter from environmental health about a noise complaint from me playing on decks, but I was a bit annoyed they didn’t just speak to me first.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Fight fire with fire. Wake ’em up silly early a few times.

BlackDog
    Free Member

Talk to them first, then if the house is rented talk to the landlord, if that doesn’t work kill them.

Nick

Keep a diary and keep trying to talk to them/write to them. If still no progress then submit the evidence you’ve gathered to the Environmental People.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Fight fire with fire. Burn them, you’re just an arsonist if you’re aiming for their noise making equipment rather than them. Remember, there’s no manslaughter without laughter 😀

No, in all seriousness, Nick has the right idea, burning them could cause some problems for you.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Napalm.

Pigface
    Free Member

See thread about teenagers.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Peace through superior amplification

coffeeking
    Free Member

Bimbler – that looks like 1/4 of the stage at the The Verve homecoming gig in Wigan. I was stood in the 5th row of people, my ears have never been the same since! We need to hook up that sort of setup to an anti-noise sound-system and silence everything within 5 blocks 😀

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Write to your local Kingdom Hall posing as your neighbours and tell them that you want to be saved. That’ll keep them busy for a bit.

juiced
    Free Member

phone the Local Authority / Governemnt and mention the problem . Get through to the right section and obtain a Noise diary. Then document this the a week or two. Send this back to them and will act .I think they send notices and can take equipment.

waihiboy
    Free Member

my mate works for environmental health , keep onto them, they will send people round and sort it out.

if it gets really bad they will set up cameras and do a stake out and record the noise levels them slap a ban on them get the police involved.

it will take a while but they will sort it out.

hope you sort it, must be a living hell

baa
    Free Member

I had the same sort of with my neighbours last year, and I’m convinced the best way to deal with them is a one way ticket to Iraq. Although I did try the fire with fire route, which gives some short term satisfaction. Decided to go the legal way, if they’re council tenants it’ll take a long time basically get everyone to complain to the environmental health, the more the better. You’ll be asked to keep a register, then the council will install recording equipment. All this takes ages the council will send them a warning letter,IIRC it’s about 3 or 4 letters before it goes to court. If they rent privately it’s a lot easer, as landlord don’t wont problem tenants.
    Also there is a good web site http://www.nfh.org.uk which I found really helpful,
    lots of useful info. One Sunday afternoon when she had someone there and the music was loud slashed one of his tires, that felt good.

samuri
    Free Member

as baa has said. There’s a long and tedious process for dealing with them. My neighbours are terrible. if they’re not playing the music too loud, their dog barks *constantly*, they shout a lot and wake up at irregular hours and start making a lot of noise. I’m convinced they’re all deaf because they do everything really loud. I’ve been round a couple of times and they bring the music level down if I do but it creeps back up again gradually.

The bloke once came back from the pub in the early hours and spent 2 hours revving his motorbike for some reason, that time someone else called the cops who came round and told him to stop.

I’ve kept a diary as suggested by the council but the one time i’ve had a chap round with his noise meter (he came un-announced at about 5:30 in the afternoon, they were quiet).

Very difficult to deal with. The girl once woke up at 3 in the morning and started screaming for ages (hangover apparently) and when my wife mentioned it to them the noise went down for a long time.

I personally think the majority of noise makers simply don;t realise how loud they are and just need to be told. We’ve invited them round to our house when the music is loud to hear just how much it intrudes (as recommened by the council) but they’ve always declined.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Wot PP sed. Otherwise, nuke ’em from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What can i do about noisy neigbours’ is closed to new replies.