Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • What cameras do you own?
  • ctk
    Free Member

Nikon N301 cheap but good with a 50mm lens, love this camera.
    Samsung nx300 w/ minolta 50mm lens
    Halina 110 film camera. Cheap throwaway type thingythat gives pleasing/ grainy/ random results.

Want a new DSLR prob going to go Nikon.

WildHunter2009

Pentax K30 with two basic lenses and Motorola G4 play. I love my Pentax although it might be just beginning to show some issues grr. The phone camera is a bit average but it’s surprised me a few times and it’s always with me.
    Considering a Sony a6300 or a Fuji something if my Pentax karks it.

bencooper
    Free Member

Doesn’t show the NEX cameras and lenses. I have a problem.

Alphabet

Fuji XT-1
    27mm f2.8
    56mm f1.2

mikey74
    Free Member

Nikon D7000 w/35mm 1.8 lens and 18-55 kit lens
    Panasonic LX5
    Motorola G3 3rd Gen

stumpy01

Nikon D80 body
    18-135 lens
    50mm 1.8
    70-300 vr
    Tamron 90mm macro
    Sb600 flash

Nikon p300 compact

Nikon aw100 for beach/pool/tough stuff….

badllama
    Free Member

Hi rone,
    For video I love the GH4 the form factor love the lenses I’m fortunate enough to have an uncle who used to be in the trade and over the years gathered a nice collection of Leica glass.

I cannot personally see any difference between between the Panasonic f2.8 glass and the Leica stuff I tested it against.

For stills (I think I maybe one of the few person who actually uses the GH4 for stills as well) It’s ok ISO wise I compare it to the Canon DIGIC 4 sensor.
    For shooting stills in sport the lag in the view finder is a bitch, I could never use it professionally for stills of fast live action.

Overall it’s a great camera for video not the best for stills but its a compromise I made in not lugging two camera systems around with me. 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Doesn’t show the NEX cameras and lenses. I have a problem.

Yep. TWO tilt shift lenses?! I’m impressed. 🙂

Edit: AND a ring flash. Feels the envy start to burn…. 👿

CaptJon
    Free Member

I recently had the pleasure of costing £30k worth of cameras, lenses and kit for work. That was a fun couple of hours.

yosemitepaul

Leica M10, Summilux, 35, 50 and 75mm lenses.
    Used to have bags of Canon SLR cameras, lenses, filters and everything else. Sold the lot and went rangefinder……..No regrets.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Old skool Olympus OM10
    Mid skool Canon EOS1
    Nu skool Canon EOS60D
    Tough as old boots Olympus TG1

simondbarnes

Fuji X100s
    Canon EOS 20D (although sold the 300F4L lens to buy a bike and sold 70-200F4L and Sigma 10-20 lenses to buy the Fuji)
    Various compacts that I mostly hate.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I recently had the pleasure of costing £30k worth of cameras, lenses and kit for work. That was a fun couple of hours.

😯 how is that fun?

CaptJon
    Free Member

I got to spend £30k on stuff i could never afford, and i get to use them.

ctk
    Free Member

Yep sounds fun to me!

frankconway

Some of you guys have a serious habit – bencooper & eddiebaby I’m looking at you……with more envy than you could imagine.
    Yes, I know envy is a sin but…..I’m seriously envious.
    I wouldn’t know what to do with some of your kit but that doesn’t stop my ‘want’ trigger from firing up to 100% 😆

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Nikon D7000 (backup)
    Nikon D800E (main – although getting very tired now… rumours of an 810 replacement are getting me interested)
    Olympus OM-D E-M5 (currently used by my wife, but still “borrowed” for mountain biking)
    Olympus OM-D E-M5 mkII (adventure camera cos I can’t be arsed carrying the D800E)

Canon EOS3
    Nikkormat FT2

Probably dozens of others littering the place!

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Nikon Fe, fe2 and fm2. Nikkor ai-s 20mm f2, 28mm f2, a collection of 50s and an 85. Plus some zooms.

Also have some digital stuff.

bencooper
    Free Member

TWO tilt shift lenses?!

Three, actually 😉

It’s not that bad really – I’ve given away or sold some of that lot.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

😀

Anyway this thread has confirmed its time to get rid of a bunch of gear. Keep an eye on the classifieds at the end of next week.

gari
    Free Member

@mrsmith, how do you find the Actus? Just getting back into photography after a few years off, now have a A7r which I was going to get a T/S adapter for, but recently came across the Actus. Am I right in thinking there is no rise/fall?
    Shot 5×4 and half plate previously so familiar with movements, just can’t carry LF gear on the hill anymore:(

MrSmith
    Free Member

That’s on the rear standard, I prefer that as it means parallax free stitching, the only thing I don’t like is no detent on the front swing so 0° is a bit imprecise (it’s not a deal breaker for me) i don’t use it for wide angle though I tried a 45mm digital but it wouldn’t focus so if yo wanted something in the 35-45 range then it’s probably a MFD lens with manual aperture ring from mamiya/contax etc.
    If you are on a budget then ago enlarger lenses from rodenstock and Schneider work well though the shorter lengths have a smaller image circle with less movement ability. Don’t buy the 75mm ‘D’ lenses though as they are for true 1:1macro which is why they are dirt cheap.

If you are after a 24-50mm solution it’s probably not the ideal camera and maybe Hartblei do something with the superwide zooms that are now very good. There is a W/A rear standard for the Sony/actus but no idea what that gives you.
    I think it’s a great camera and good VFM

integerspin
    Free Member

Pentax K5 and a ricoh CX2. The K5 has improved my ebay pics no end;-)
    I need a decent bag to carry it when I am on my bike.

I seem to be collecting SLRs, I have a shelf next to me with 8 on and another few in bags. I ask you could you resist a five quid OM1 or any of the others. But all need seals and other things. I have successfully fixed the shutter of one of them. So anyone have an unloved SLR send it over.

benman
    Free Member

Olympus OMD E-M10 with a handful of primes. This does me for day-to-day shooting and travel.

Ricoh GR for out on the bike / climbing / hiking

darrell
    Free Member

Panasonic GF1 with the pancake lens

and my iphone 7

gari
    Free Member

Thanks, I still have lots of LF lenses, plus Rokkor and M645 for the Sony. Presumably the standard were pretty close racked in? My thought was that with a 645 lens direct mounted to the lens panel, the difference in flange/sensor distance giving me enough distance between the standards to focus and use a little tilt. I have been trying a Mirex, which I like, but proper movements would be a preference.

budgierider67

Nikon D500
    Nikkor 12-24 F4G DX, 17-55 2.8G DX, 35 1.8G DX, 50 1.4D, 85 1.8G, 70-200 F4G VR, 300 F4 AF-S, TC-14E II

i forgot i also have a sigma DP-3 Merrill. slow, quirky, eats batteries, takes ages to write a file, poor software usability, crap high ISO but amazing file quality when the planets align

I still use a Sigma DP1. There is something satisfying about working around its flaws.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Thanks, I still have lots of LF lenses, plus Rokkor and M645 for the Sony. Presumably the standard were pretty close racked in? My thought was that with a 645 lens direct mounted to the lens panel, the difference in flange/sensor distance giving me enough distance between the standards to focus and use a little tilt. I have been trying a Mirex, which I like, but proper movements would be a preference.

i doubt your LF lenses will have the resolving power to work, there are a few pre digitar/digital lenses like the apo-grandagon’s which were little changed when they were upgraded to ‘digital’ those 90mm super angulons will not cut it, the image circle is huge and they lack the resolving power. the 645 lenses will be your best bet.
    with some of the panel lenses at the wide end the rear element ends up inside the rear standard and shift is limited. a bit of googling will usually provide the answer as somebody has probably tried or at least knows the sensor to rear element distance at infinity.

durhambiker
    Free Member

Canon 400D + battery grip
    Canon 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 kit lens (non-IS)
    Canon 50mm f1.8 mk2
    Canon 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM
    Kodak 80-210mm f4.5-5.6
    Sigma EF-500 DG Super flash

All pretty cheap stuff. The 10-18mm is a new addition, really liking it. Always loved the 50mm, had it for ages. The 400D is a bit long in the tooth now but it works, and running 400plus firmware is much more useful. Really wanting to upgrade to a newer body though with liveview, flip out LCD, video capability and better high ISO performance.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Panasonic G7 with 14-140mm, 100-300mm and 70-14mm lenses, and a couple of flashes.

Canon G7x mkII.

Several Panasonic T5s and a waterproof housing for them – several for spares as its cheaper than repairing them if an accident happens with the case.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Current
    Panasonic LUMIX GX80 for walkabout and holiday
    Canon S120 biking camera and missus uses it on holidays
    Go pro Hero+ LCD action cam on motorbike, Mtb and use it when scuba diving in Greece.
    Nikon FG SLR from 1984 it was my Grandpas and I always lusted after it as a kid. I inherited it when he passed away in 2013.

Sold my Canon 100d last week to fund the LUMIX, even though it was quite small for a DSLR it was still quite bulky. I’ll miss it but it’s better than it being used once every couple of months.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Nikon D7200 with far too many lenses for sports/wildlife.
    Panasonic TZ80 for every day stuff.
    Samsung S6 Edge phone also has a really impressive camera as well.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘What cameras do you own?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM