Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What mudguards for Giant Defy Advanced Disc
  • squin
    Free Member

Hi all,

Any thoughts?

Have just read that the Giant Speedshield universal have been removed from sale due to causing frame breakage.

Thanks.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Edit – Curse your ninja edit skillz! 😀

LeeW

SKS race blades?

squin
    Free Member

Haha Captain. Bloody predictive text!

squin
    Free Member

I loved that it changed mudguards to bodyguards.

bob_summers

Have a look at the new Crud Mk3. I’ve ordered a pair to try them out as, if they work, they’re easier to take off and refit than my RaceBlade longs, if I’m planning on going off road. I’ve had the Mk2 cruds, mainly problem-free, except on one bike where they pass under the brake, obviously not an issue with disks.

Have just read that the Giant Speedshield universal have been removed from sale due to causing frame breakage

Interesting, I wonder how? Mudguards have caused a tale of woe on my GT Grade, I’m not the only one I understand.

squin
    Free Member

Not too sure Bob. I think I read on here that someone had an issue and I also read today on a retailers site. I’ll have a look at the curds. Thanks

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ll have a look at the curds

Lemon. Obviously.

🙂

squin
    Free Member

Hahaha, not again. Captain…sod off.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m soggy, really I am.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

THirteen quid! https://www.radialcycles.co.uk/cycling-accessories/mudguards/radial-avert-poly-mudguards.html

Dead easy to adjust/fit, great design. THe only issue with them is they’re a bit short so you’d be best off adding a mudflap.

All mudguards should have these

squin
    Free Member

Eye khan’t help it if m’eye spilling isn’t erect.

rp16v
    Free Member

Raceblade pro xl are what we usualy fit in the shop to defy adv models,il be honest weve not had any returns or recalls reg the speedshield guards on carbon frames but will question it on wed when im back in.

squin
    Free Member

Thanks rp16v.

Here’s the site I saw it on:
    link

timnoyce
    Free Member

I’ve got the Raceblade Pro XL on mine and they are great. Didn’t take too long to setup and now it takes roughly 30 seconds to fit them if the weather looks iffy. I gave them a decent test the other week riding the length of Wales in a day and they were faultless. Think I only paid £28 from Ribble too. Loads better than the previous iteration, and they weren’t bad.

timnoyce
    Free Member

squin
    Free Member

Thanks Tim. That looks great. Out of interest, how far was the Wales trip, that sounds epic?

rp16v
    Free Member

Thats the same ones i mentioned it has to be these and not original race blades as the front will not clear the downtube

Squin i mentioned the giant guards to the rep and the rep and they have been removed from all b2b stock systems so definatley an issue thanks for the heads up
    ALSO this years adv models all come with a threaded mudgaurd mount bridge for the rear stays to be able to fit a propper full wrap guard.

timnoyce
    Free Member

Squin, it was quite a long way…

Welsh Epic

This was a couple of weeks ago. It was ridiculously windy, and rather damp for most of the evening. A great ride and a great route though. Kept off almost all of the major roads, took in some offroad sections and had some epic scenery. A great day out!

avdave2

Have just read that the Giant Speedshield universal have been removed from sale due to causing frame breakage.

Yes and one of them was my frame! I even posted a Psa on hear about it. The o ring fixing at the back allowed the mudguard to vibrate against the seat stays. The o ring snapped on mine and that’s when I noticed both stays cut through, not just a bit of wear but holes right through, could have got a pencil in each it was that bad. Giant were very good and a new frame and forks were on there way to me within 24 hours.

I’ve now just fitted the new Raceblade Pro XL’s which were very simple to fit, have loads of adjustment and can be taken on and off in a minute or so which is a real bonus.

squin
    Free Member

Tim, you’ve inspire me to have a crack at that next year.

Avdave2 – I thought I’d read it on here.

Rp16v – I’ve got some SKS on the way. If you work in a shop which sells Giant, any tips on how to stop the internal cables rattling and making the most horrific noise? Think it’s the rear disc cable. Thanks.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What mudguards for Giant Defy Advanced Disc’ is closed to new replies.