Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What bikes do you ride for endurance races?
  • lyons
    Free Member

Im starting to think about what bike I will e after for entering the transwales… Im guessing something like an anthemx, or blur, or gary fisher hifi? Eg not too racy so it's comfortable, but not too relaxed and big on travel, as it will be the ups and alongs that i'll get tired on…

So what do you lot use?

schmiken

A Spesh Epic set up with 2.2 tyres. (Set up properly for reach, saddle height and pressures!)

Wookster

Ibis mojo……. 😀 27lbs with skill compensation for the last few hours!!!!

trail_rat
    Free Member

merida FLX 3500d – sometimes gears sometimes SS

set up light but durable

parkesie
    Free Member

Depends on the course full bounce dale prophet or some form of hard tail single speed if rain and sludge is to be expected.

daveb
    Free Member

I used an Anthem X in a pairs team in the puffer last week, was excellent.

grazedknees
    Free Member

I raced Transwales 2 years ago on an epic. Only one thing would have been better- a boat

thomthumb
    Free Member

scandal 29er. fat fast tyres. ace. 🙂

carlphillips
    Free Member

epic here

mocha
    Free Member

Gary Fisher Superfly. Yum.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Wot I brung.

DaveGr
    Free Member

F/S for comfort and skills compensation. Cube AMS100 but have upgraded brakes, wheels, bars, drivetrain, forks for lighter stuff in the 12 months I've owned it.

stooo
    Free Member

Trek Fuel EX with Revs dialled down to 125mm on the front. Very comfy, light enough, climbs and descends well.

Currently has a 90mm stem and 685mm Easton monkey lites. Felt really good at the puffer last week, though could possibly be a little more stretched. Contemplating 100mm stem and flat bars for more endurance stuff. Also wishing I'd gone for Ergon grips! Will definitely have a set of those on for the next epic ride I do.

darrell
    Free Member

a 4 year old santa cruz xc. nowt special about it but well looked after and the saddle has been molded to my arse shape after many rides – very important for endurance racing

Santa Cruz Chameleon with 100mm fork or Blur XC with 130mm fork depending on the event.
    Up to 6 hours or so and reasonably smooth, I prefer the HT.
    Longer or rougher, I find the FS less tiring.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What bikes do you ride for endurance races?’ is closed to new replies.