Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • What are your neighbours saying about YOU?
  • donsimon
    Free Member

😆 Good here, innit?

Junkyard
    Free Member

The OP was talking about speculative busy bodies who have an axe to grind behaving out of spite to inconvenience someone without any evidence,

So what you are saying is they post on here then 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

So what you are saying is they post on here then

That’s exactly what I said, practically word for word too. 😛

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I actually think you knew this but wanted to prove your superiority, as you seem to do on most threads.

I can’t believe you posted that, how very sad. The point of the OP as I understood it, was that the person in question came up with a whole litany of alleged misdemeanors committed by their neighbour, and it doesn’t appear that they are motivated primarily by a commitment to act as a concerned citizen, as presumably all the alleged crimes didn’t all happen at the same time. They seem much more motivated by need to satisfy a personal grudge against their neighbour, as presumably a responsible citizen would have reported the alleged offences as they occurred – perhaps they fell out with them ?

Well that’s how I read it anyway, although as I say I might have missed something. I don’t why you think this simple and what I believe to be a straightforward commonsense interpretation, somehow make me appear “superior”. There is absolutely nothing whatsoever “superior” about me. I am an extremely average person who has a very average job and extremely average abilities. Perhaps the real issue here might be that you lack confidence in your own abilities and you are oversensitive and defensive ?

Markie
    Free Member

The OP was talking about speculative busy bodies who have an axe to grind behaving out of spite to inconvenience someone without any evidence, that I see as running to teacher because they haven’t the balls to sort out the grievence in a manly way.

What’s the manly way of investigating a neighbour’s possible breach of planning regulations or tax or insurance fraud?

Writing to the relevant authorities and letting them know of your concerns seems absolutely reasonable – and you’d probably have some expectation that the staff involved in actioning your letter wouldn’t share it with the world in order to belittle your concerns.

donsimon
    Free Member

Writing to the relevant authorities and letting them know of your concerns seems absolutely reasonable.

Yet the relevant authority, the op in this case, didn’t seem to think it was a valid claim due to the tone of the letter and was proven correct. But due to process had to waste time, energy and money investigating.
    Seems a little less reasonable now, doesn’t it?
    This is not a blanket statement that applies to all situations an a bit of intelligence would help me to determine which circumstances would warrant a note to teacher and which wouldn’t. Not hard, is it?

Pigface
    Free Member

Don you are on fire today 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s either messing around on here or having a fag round the back of the off licence. 😐

rmacattack
    Free Member

i couldnt give a f@£k what there saying to be honest

jota180
    Free Member

Writing to the relevant authorities and letting them know of your concerns seems absolutely reasonable.

I think any letter of this nature needs to open with

It has nothing to do with me but ……….

yunki
    Free Member

tell tale tit, your tongue will be slit, and all the dicky birds will have a little bit..

as my dear old nan used to say

piemonster

My neighbors are just saying, “We give up, you have a nature garden. We’ll just try and not look at it”

piemonster

My neighbors neighbor is saying, why the f45k have you hung a massive plastic owl from a bird feeder by it’s freaking neck?

piemonster

My neighbors neighbor is also saying, “is it really necessary to measure the distance between plants with a ruler”

hamishthecat
    Free Member

The planning authority isn’t the relevant authority for most of the points raised – but in any event I’m amazed the OP responded; I thought enforcement teams didn’t bother where complainants remained anonymous.

jota180
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I thought enforcement teams didn’t bother where complainants remained anonymous.

The complainant just asked to remain anonymous, I think. It doesn’t mean that he/she was to the LA.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

The complainant just asked to remain anonymous, I think. It doesn’t mean that he/she was to the LA

Ah, fair enough, hadn’t absorbed that bit.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

To be fair reading it again I’m not sure I’ve got it right, although presumably as it was sent by email it is possible to enter into communications with the complainant ?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I think you are right as it says he didn’t want a reply.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘What are your neighbours saying about YOU?’ is closed to new replies.