Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • What are you good at?
  • brooess
    Free Member

At the moment, it would appear to be breaking bones – 4th hospital visit in 8 years from falling off one bike or another.
    I have the right amount of stubbornness to be a good climber… but like cake too much to be able to do anything spectacular with it

ads678

Lying and clearing massive road gaps!!

Andy-R

According to others, I’m good at riding rigid singlespeeds ( or at least the one I have anyway). I’m also ok at steep, technical descents as long as they’re reasonably grippy. Long, greasy chutes put the fear of death in me.
    That’s why I prefer riding in hot, dry places (like Greece) rather than greasy slopfests – I’m ok with 35 degree+ temps. too.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Any part of mountain biking that involves reckless disregard for personal safety and not much skill.

So smashing my way through lumpy steep stuff as fast as I can

mjsmke

Climbing and sprinting. Really need to work on my endurance though. I cramp up easily on longer rides.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Schralping teh gnat.

tang
    Free Member

Being the best sponsored but least skilled rider in the UK.

franki
    Free Member

My biggest strength is climbing. Biggest weakness – jumping.

CheesybeanZ

Eating chillies , bloody luv food full of chillies and sweating I can sweat my own body weight on a normal ride – not a good combination.

edhornby

skill: jumping away from a bike when it goes out from under me

failing: I’m a really talentless mincing descender, primarily due to a lack of practice

can you see a pattern 🙂

Sam

I used to think I had a decent sprint, since starting racing on the track I realised I don’t…. Where I do OK is repeated hard efforts above threshold, recover and do it again. My overall level is still pretty poor, but making progress.

I’m not bad on the ‘buying bike stuff’ front either…

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

taxi25
    Free Member

I’m good at eating Chillies as well Lol.
    But on the bike…. solid all round on and offroad, raced on and off for years, never really challenged the podiums but respectable. What I am good at especially considering my 55yrs is putting down big 1-2 mins bursts of power. Got pages of Strava kom’s sprinting up short power climbs,powering along undulating roads and trails. Couple of minutes max then it goes pear shape very quickly. Definitely a one trick pony 🙁

soundninjauk

I’m pretty awesome at buying a great bike (Whyte G150) then instantly worrying that I’ve bought the wrong one because despite the fact that it’s super comfortable, far more capable than I’ll ever be, and that I’ve put some higher rise Renthal bars on it to reduce the ‘problem’, due to the fact that I’m quite a tall guy the seat sits a bit higher than the handlebars at full extension (Reverb).

wordnumb
    Free Member

Spellling. I’m rilly gud at spellling.

sambob
    Free Member

Pretty good at slow balance-based stuff, and loose rocks. A strange combination I know, but there you go.

yossarian
    Free Member

Talking to myself
    Gurning like Wurzel Gummidge on ecstasy
    Picking the shittest, most dead end line seemingly at will
    Being fairly determined once I’ve got something in my head. Usually involves a climb.

tazzymtb

Im told im good at looking like a mass murderer, also not bad at being a gobshite and general tosser of epic proportions. 😀

tomhoward

Eating.

Going on holiday. (Assuming I’ve planned it)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Off the bike? Airports..
    Reckon I have some decent strava times if they existed for getting from the plane to clearing immigration in several Australian airports.

On the bike – I do a good line in suffering when I’m in the mood for it, and with some extra fitness I realise I’ve become more tactical in races along with looking like the beer swilling enduro rider who can shift a bit on the XC bike

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘What are you good at?’ is closed to new replies.