Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What are these parts that came with my new S-works Demo?
  • GSuperstar
    Free Member

I have noooo idea if they’re optional or something that I’ve missed on my build 🙂

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    TomO

scaredypants

protector for a rear derailleur ?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Yup derailleur protector.

bantasanta
    Free Member

Chaps above are right.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Ahhhh ok. I’ve actually set-up my bike fully, gears set-up etc. Would you recommend starting again to fit this or is it not really a necessity? My derailleur is pretty beat up already 🙂

Thanks
    TomO

scaredypants

I’ve never fitted one but I doubt it’s hard to do – think they just bolt on, with the “spike” fitting into the mounting bolt hole in the top of the mech

GSuperstar
    Free Member

I know but I’ll have to re-do all the gearing again as it’ll push the derailleur outwards. Just wondered if they weren’t really that amazing if missing it would matter 🙂

scaredypants

I can’t imagine it pushing the mech outwards – I’ve always imagined that they just clag on to the outside of the mech
    (as I say, never fitted one)

GSuperstar
    Free Member

By the looks of it now I Can google what it is, the main derailleur bolts to it. So for me to fit it I’d have to remover the derailleur and it’s fully tensioned.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

No derailleur doesn’t need to be removed. Shiny silver bit sits in the derailleur bolt hole and your through axle will pass through hole at other end.

Shackleton

I think it looks like the equivalent part to the outer black bit with the 5mm allen head showing in this photo. The big hole should go over your axle end and the smaller part is possibly a spacer or replaces the nut. If it came with your bike it must be in the manual. You should be able to fit it without any disruption to your indexing.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Pretty sure you want it in there so you dont have to screw the axle virtually past all the threads as it acts as a spacer.

JCL
    Free Member

No there’s a lip on the axle that bottoms out.

Brilliant little device those.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Oh wow thank you! Didn’t reqlise it acted in that way. Still don’t really understand its point but you all make it sound good so ill fit it tomorrow morning 🙂

Thanks for all the help.
    TomO

honourablegeorge

Specialized UK recommend you don’t fit the wee bar that slots into the mech.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What are these parts that came with my new S-works Demo?’ is closed to new replies.