Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • What age were you…..
  • emac65
    Free Member

Never wanted one or anything like that factory built crap tbh….
    When I get too old or just get sick of this MTB lark I'll build a custom car,maybe an old Ford Pop or the like…..

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

I was 19 when i realised that I'd amount to nothing. And it hit hard, and deep. That was a tough year.

On a lighter note, I'll replace my Alfa 156 with a Lambo Superleggera, and a Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead, when my EuroMillions come up.

And a 612 Scaglietti, for the school run like…

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Most of us could have a nicer car but choose to put the extra in the house – kinda sensible. I wonder what sort of percentage of their house's value most peoples cars are – mine is a bit low as my car ain't worth a lot and I live in a niceish part of the SE. My car does let the area down.

Aristotle
    Free Member

I was 19 when i realised that I'd amount to nothing. And it hit hard, and deep.

It's not so much 'amounting to nothing' as being Joe Average -just like most other people.

Unless you inherit wealth you have to work very hard and/or be ruthless.

Tiger6791

I fully intend to buy an Aston Martin in the next 2-3 years.

So to answer your question I was 33 when I realised I didn't want a Ferrari but I do want and will have an Aston 😀

nickc

For a short time I was a member of a car club, cost me about £1700 for which I had access to "super-cars" Lotus' Porches Ferrari's, you bought points and different cars cost more or less points…anyway, they had a 348 spider which I rented for a long weekend, whilst it was fun to drive, it broke down 4 times, other people I knew had similar issues, it overheated, the gearbox was feeble, and the windscreen wipers stopped. The replica Cobra was more Leary and the 911 was more reliable and just as quick

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Presumably, this is the petrol-head's equivalent of a luvvie realising he will never "Play the Dane"… (gesture, look sadly into the middle distance, adopt tragic demeanour).

joolsburger
    Free Member

I am lucky to have two good friends who own them, one owns several including an Enzo.

They are truly amazing bits of kit but I know the work and effort involved in aquiring one is way beyond what I'd be prepared to put in, I'm far too busy doing nothing.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Whilst it's nowhere near a supercar, I drove my sisters new (to her) Lotus Elise on Sunday and now quite fancy one myself. Unfortunately, house, engagement ring and a new sensible car will have to come first.

I don't think I'll ever buy a Ferrari as I can think of much better thing to spend the money on!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What age were you…..’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM