Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • what a day that was
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Goin to lakes with Mrs from Leeds found the a66 shut just as we hit it so had to come off for a detour via tan hill in. Passed the inn then about five miles past slid down I hill into little dip and was stuck by ice not able to get back up the hill or down the next. So decided to walk back to pub for help just as radio say road reopening soon :'(

Got to pub but no help to be had so borrowed a spade and bucket and some ash from fire walked back to car threw down ash and dug some mud up, hard in the ice managed to get car back to pub

To find a puncture from the stuff I put down for grip , fixed that then found during the fixing I’d bent my key and its nearly snapped bugger

Well got to lakes took almost 8 hours for a 2 hour trip and need tyre and new key but hey got here, just not goin near car till I have to as I don’t want key to fully break after all this as its a pain to get in or out the ignition

Still its nice here 🙂

martinhutch

So you looked at the forecast and thought: “Today’s the day for the A66!”?

And then, finding it shut, thought “Today’s the day to drive past the highest pub in England!”?

I nearly landed on my arse just putting the bins out, so I respect your resolve and confidence…

lazybike
    Free Member

some days the universe just wants to see what your made of…..I stayed in.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

some days the universe just wants to see what your made of…..

And now we all know.

😉

jota180
    Free Member

I was stuck on the M6 – got though that
    Then got to Brough and the 66 was closed
    Tried to get over to Middleton in Teesdale but got turned around as they were closing that
    So it was back to where I started – Lancaster – and then South to come across the M62

epic indeed

ton

mick, my lad is working at the fire station at penrith. the one near the kfc at the end of the a66.
    set off from leeds at 5am, got there a 9.15
    said they saw about 10 smashes on route.

maldwynyefe
    Free Member

Got to pub but no help to be had so borrowed a spade and bucket and some ash from fire walked back to car threw down ash and dug some mud up, hard in the ice managed to get car back to pub

🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

Aye silly I know romantic two dayer booked five months ago and four kids deposited at relatives and 334 paid for hotel I was not missing this trip by hook or by crook I was getting there lol and i sure didn’t want to have to walk the five mile back to wife in pub with and empty bucket and the spade 😉 must be my ex forces resolve or stupidity lol but here in the end in the best room in the hotel with a happy wife

There was another guy in the pub who was stuck near us and despite offering to help him out he just left his car there and sat in the pub ah well each to their own

my new motorbike exhaust that bit nearer lol 😉

SiB
    Free Member

You should have gone last weekend then!! Was ‘worried’ about getting caught in the snow but had glorious sunshine instead whilst staying at Monkhill cottages for a long weekend in Sebergham near Caldbeck in the hot tub over looking the fells, sooooooooo relaxing!

Was kind of hoping for snow though to get snowed in for longer!!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Good effort.

allthepies
    Free Member

Warning: “lol” coefficient approaching critical level.

wwaswas

Could you not have started a fire to free the car?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘what a day that was’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM