Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What 29er fork? And where from?
  • yossarian
    Free Member

Morning all

In the market for some 100mm 29er forks to put on my singular swift.

I’m running a hope pro 2 hub on the front and I’m told I can covert this to use a bolt thru – is that right?

What do peeps recommend? Liking the look of the reba range but would like to spend under £300 if possible. Any other models I should consider?

Any links to good deals would be helpful

ta

Yoss

Stoner
    Free Member

I love my 20mm maxle rebas, but not sure you can still get them.

some STW thredage on them here
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/reba-29er-maxle-120-availability

rOcKeTdOg

usually a few new or next to new Mav SC32 on ebay for less than £200, works a treat with a 29er conversion on a swift

swift by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr
    i think you can get a convertion kit for a proII too

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

A mate of mine has some Suntour Raidon air forks on his 9’r, i know what ur thinking 🙂 but they are very very good, and light too.
    i just need to see if i can get some tapered one’s for my steed.

ackie
    Free Member

Just bought some 100mm Manitou Minutes 20mm Bolt thrus from CRC for £270. Perfect for Hope Pro IIs Stuck them on my Pegasus. Not sure whether they are still available. Worth tracking down though.

boxelder

I got some Fox f29 RL secondhand from here in almost new condition for £250. They’re as good as Fox usually are…….but QR.

ton

i have some reba’s like stoners.
    i want some more, but they are no longer available.
    think i am gonna try some of the bombers off crc. 15mm bolt thru.
    whats 5mm between friends………… 8)

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Rocketdog, they look good on there, they running ok? Did you change the oil weight (to 7.5??) + redo the shims to avoid the alleged spiking when you put the 29er spacer in?
    You can get Maverick converters for Pro II hubs, there’s been a few on ebay.

clubber
    Free Member
    rOcKeTdOg

Mal-ec – Member
    Rocketdog, they look good on there, they running ok? Did you change the oil weight (to 7.5??) + redo the shims to avoid the alleged spiking when you put the 29er spacer in?
    You can get Maverick converters for Pro II hubs, there’s been a few on ebay.

run fine, only thing i did was add the 29er spacers and top up the stock oil

SidewaysTim

Ooh, ooh, I’ve got a pair of 2011 Recon 29er forks in black, 9mm QR, used a bit, but pretty much perfect. I loaned them to a customer who was waiting for some Fox’s to arrive, but the Fox’s turned up a lot quicker than expected.

£250 if anyone wants them – mail me.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Got a pair of maverick sc32 ( and a hub) for sale if your interested? 8)

69er
    Free Member

There’s a Pro2 axle converter (24mm) on ebay atm, I’ve got one, straight swap. Maverick forks are very very good IMHO too.

And I’m not selling anything… 😉

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Cheers RD.

yossarian
    Free Member

Ygm lookmanohands!

Cheers all

It’s a pity those Rebas aren’t available any more stoner, they look perfect.

RD – what weight is your swift?

rOcKeTdOg

No idea, never weighed it

yossarian
    Free Member

Fair enough!

Lookmannohands – your email addy ain’t working, my addy is in my profile.

Clink

It’s a pity those Rebas aren’t available any more stoner, they look perfect.

They are available – just not brought into the UK 👿

Try here http://www.bike-mailorder.de/shop/MTB/Suspension-Forks/Suspension-fork-2011/Rock-Shox-2011/Rock-Shox-Reba-RLT-Ti-29-inch-Dual-Air-2011::23510.html

ton

£450 for a pair of the 140mm ones.
    quite cheap compared to 26” forks like 36’s and lyrics

mollski
    Free Member

will you be selling the forks out of your 29er?

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I’ve got QR 100mm Reba RLT’s on my Niner Air 9 and 15mm Fox F29 FIT’s on my Rumblesfish 2, the front of the Rumblefish is way stronger than the Niner, yes the Rumblefish has tapered head but if I were in the same predicament I’d gor for axles and let the fork dictate the wheel choice and not vice versa

yossarian
    Free Member

will you be selling the forks out of your 29er?

Yup, mail me if you are interested

tang
    Free Member

I bought some 120 reba teams from clink and they are fantastic 😉

Clink

I bought some 120 reba teams from clink and they are fantastic

Glad you’re enjoying them 😀

I’ve got some more now and a set of RLTi’s (same as Teams I think?)

mollski
    Free Member

Jorrison I’ve tried emailing you please email me photos with price please thanks

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What 29er fork? And where from?’ is closed to new replies.