Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • West Sussex/Worthing Riders…. join our gang… pleeeease!!
  • DrP

Pictonroad of this here parish put out a plea in someone else’s thread, but I thought I’d make a new post.

Since one of our ‘key founding members’ became ill and retired, the website he ran died a death and numbers in our riding group have slowly dwindled…

We’re looking for fresh blood – anyone interested??

We ride from Worthing on a Tuesday eve (meet at 1930)

We ride a mix of terrains over the South Downs – singletrack, techy stuff, fireroads to get from place to place..
    All sorts of bikes really – fat bikes, singlespeeds (usually most on SS in winter, I’m often on mine all year round), FS..
    We’re pretty good riders (hey, jus’ saying) so not REALLY for beginners (though I could point you towards a more suitable group if you wanted), and usually cover 30-40k of an evening, followed by pub.
    We’re not ‘XC whippets’ nor are we ‘DH run grungers’…too many kids and responsibilities.

Anyone in the area, or you Brighton MTB lot, give us a shout and I’m sure we can entertain you!
    I’ll even buy you a round after…

DrP

Rubber_Buccaneer

join our gang

You are the second person in as many days to make me think….

I don’t wanna be in your gang, your gang, your gang….but may join you for a ride (until I get dropped and limp off home in a sulk 🙂 )

fisherboy
    Free Member

Worthing local here. Usually get out on a tuesday, usually a bit earlier, could do 19:30 though. Where the meeting point ?

DrP

We meet at the top of salvington hill/foot of honeysuckle lane.. At the shops there basically..

Will we see you this Tuesday chaps?

DrP

njee20
    Free Member

Probably a bit of a stretch for me to get back in time, but principally I’d be up for it. Billingshurst native (but work in London).

slimjim78
    Free Member

Local but new to the area and only just riding again after a long lay off and too many pies.

Of very slightly above average skill, think ‘seasoned aspirational mincer’. Climbed Bostal Road last night for the first time since moving here without having to stop, but several years ago was leading rides on my SS.. So there is hope..

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

DrP should you want, we can offer a ride around the nonexistent Friston Single track if you want a trip to elderly hillbilly country.

Might try and make it over on a Tuesday, what sort of time do you ride out?

IDIOT GALACTIC DICTATOR JUST RE-READ YOUR FIRST POST. If I do turn up I shall be identifiable by my horrendous attire.

davosaurusrex

Slimjim – From Worthing or Steyning side? It never seems to get any easier from the Steyning side!

davosaurusrex

Reckon I’ll join you again DrP, poss not for a couple of weeks though as my only mountain bike needs some work

pictonroad

2 weeks, there’s 17 bits on a bike, what you doing, mining the ore? 😆

Pretty sure I’ve ridden with you a few times in the past Dave.

Looking forward to seeing you again kind sir. 8)

slimjim78
    Free Member

Steyning side for my sins ! Makes for a bloody good warm up though

DrP

It’s taken me more than a month to (not yet) inflate the tyres on my cx bike.
    Dave, I can sympathise….

DrP

DrP

Righto…. It’s Tuesday, it’s post bank holiday so work today is likely to be horrendous…so..who’s up for a ride?

1930, top of Salvington Hill….

DrP

Rubber_Buccaneer

Not tonight Josephine, I’m doing a shorter slower ride with my usual weekly lot because they have decided it will be Tuesday this week

DaRC_L

We’re pretty good riders (hey, jus’ saying)

see that counts me out, I’m way too unfit

We ride from Worthing

Wrong side of the Adur innit 😯
    But really getting from where I live at the home of the bicycle on the old A23 to there is a PITA anytime

belugabob
    Free Member

But really getting from where I live at the home of the bicycle on the old A23 to there is a PITA anytime

Well, as the saying goes “you learn something every day”
    I was born and raised in Coventry, so have passed that statue more times than I could estimate, but didn’t realise that he was born so close to where I’ve been living for the past 24 years. (And I’ve passed his birthplace a shed load of times, too)

Must pay more attention.

davosaurusrex

Dammit, I would but have committed myself to half a dozen other things this evening. And next Tuesday parts of my bike will be with South Downs Bikes having bearings replaced and other parts with South Coast Suspension ahead of the QECP enduro on the 14th. So I’ll join you for a ride on the 17th. Maybe.

Will be fast and dusty (barring the odd puddle) tonight, have fun!

nedrapier

in his spare time mending watches and creating devices such as a mechanism to allow a duck to get through a hole in a fence, closing a door behind it if a rat tried to follow

That’s a very specific solution for a very specific problem!

TimP
    Free Member

DrP

I would be keen, except the only other time you took me out, I could only just make out your rear light on the next hill 🙁

This week I am also looking for my legs which I think must still be on a Welsh hillside somewhere

njee20
    Free Member

I’m not entirely sure dave’s Enduro-capable prowess is wholly compatible with my ‘mince-core-lite’ style of riding.

davosaurusrex

Do you mean me njee? If so I’m just a typical middle-aged STW nodder who likes to play at enduro racing a couple of times a year with distinctly mid-pack results to show for it. If you’re riding with DrP, Hoops et al it’s not my pace you need to worry about……………

njee20
    Free Member

Goodo! I can hold my own up the hills. Less so down them…

njee20
    Free Member

Riding this week? I’m WFH, and Goodwood road races have sold out, so I’m around! I’ve ridden my MTB once in the last 6 months. I may not be at my peak…

DrP

Coolio…
    I’m on leave this week, so will be out must definitely…

Prob the ss (just to make sure it doesn’t snap in half on the fresh weld..)

Look forward to meeting you 🙂

DrP

garage-dweller

Would it be bad form just to turn up for the odd one now and again?

Worthing is a bit of a stretch to do regularly but timing means I might be able to do the odd trip over there summer if I can get my legs back.

njee20
    Free Member

I hope that’s not poor form, That’s my intention, I certainly can’t do it regularly sadly.

Is the meeting place obvious? I don’t know Worthing at all – Honeysuckle Lane looks quite long?

hummerlicious
    Free Member

LOL Retired

DrP

AddAd hoc be more regular than our regular riders 😉

Meeting place is obvious; where salvington hill “turns right”, and honeysuckle continues on, is a few shops..
    I’ll be there early anyway.

I’ve a sexy* ginger beard..

DrP

*open to interpretation..

njee20
    Free Member

Cool. I’m wary of approaching anyone and commenting on their sexy ginger beard in the Brighton locale…

DrP

It’s just how we roll in Worvin’…

DrP

pictonroad

If you can see three tramps on a combined total value bikes of about £70 then it’s us and Duncan hasn’t turned up yet.

njee20
    Free Member

Right, so look for the tramps with the sexy beard.

There is no conceivable way that this can go wrong.

DrP

Date night is here…

I’ve scrapped the SS idea..just washed the gearedbike and she spoke to me..

I’ll be on the £11 Pinnacle…

DrP

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’ve a group ride organised with colleagues on the 27th and am secretly training for that – if it goes well then i’ll be in a better place to join you lot going forward.

At the moment I am winching myself up the Downs – it’s probably as painful to watch as it is for me to climb.

njee20
    Free Member

I noticed my bike appeared to have a totally flat tyre this morning. Pumped it up, will check it later. I’ve ridden a mountain bike once in the last 6 months. This may not be sufficient for sealant to remain liquid!

It’s not the best start.

njee20
    Free Member

Just checked on the MTB…

Tyre still inflated 🙂

BB seized 🙁

New BB fitted from stock 🙂

Matching pair of pedals fitted after I snapped one last time out 🙂

Hoping it’s not the flinty part of the downs, I’ve got a Thunder Burt on the back! 😕

john_l
    Free Member

Hoping it’s not the flinty part of the downs, I’ve got a Thunder Burt on the back!

Oh well 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

**packs tyre boot**

pictonroad

It’s a Tuesday night ride, you may be overthinking this…

njee20
    Free Member

It could be in jest…

It isn’t though.

I overthink lots of things, and I really did fit a new BB and pedals today. And I really haven’t ridden my MTB more than once in the last 6 months. I’m a little over excited.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘West Sussex/Worthing Riders…. join our gang… pleeeease!!’ is closed to new replies.