Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • "We're Going to Need a Bigger Boat"
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

Sorry, car. A bigger car.

Currently myself, HRH & our two kids have the bland pleasure of owning a Vauxhall Vectra. Nice.

However, baby #3 is due at the end of August. Aaaaarrrgggghh.

So. We’re going to need a bigger car as I don’t think our 5yo will appreciate being shoe-horned in between two baby seats. It’s also probably not physically possible as he’ll be using a booster seat thingy.

Needs space for 2 baby seats & a booster seat for the 5yo, so I’m assuming something with 7 seats is the only solution.

Budget is minimal.

Any suggestions for what we should consider?

Mileage will be less than 12000 per year, mostly bumbling around the local ‘burbs, only occasional long distance / motorway driving.

sharkbait
    Free Member

When I was looking for a car wide enough to take 2 x baby seats and 1 x booster across the back there was not much around, we had a v70 at the time and that was too narrow!
    The XC90 had just come out and did the trick nicely (also 7 seats which comes in very handy when they start as school for transporting friends around) – not cheap though.

Take the car seats around when having a look as a lot of wide looking cars just cannot fit them in 3 abreast.

Trekster

Usual suggestions of Touran,Zafira, Berlingo,Mondeo estate spring to mind.
    I have 5 grand kids and occasionally need to transport a collection to events or weekends away.
    Touran with a roof box for the moment but might have to consider a trailer as they grow.
    Kids range from 8mths to a14yr old 😆
    Fiat Multiplayer?

martinhutch

Toyota Verso 7-seat? Have been ferried around in one of these and was quite impressed.

Has the advantage of not appearing entirely like a breeder-wagon from the outside, drives nicely, well made, reliable etc.

quentinfarquar
    Free Member

XC90 here aswell, the middle seat has a built in booster, so it’s great.

loum
    Free Member

Not myself, but three mates with young famillies all drive Vauxhall Zafiras. Must be something in it, but fighting the urge to join that club.

bobalong
    Free Member

Go for a Fiat Multipla – that’s reason enough to have a big family.

If you can’t take that level of ugly, how abot Honda FR-V

Both cars are 3 in front and 3 in the back.

I’ve got my first one on the way and am already thinking about a bigger car!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘"We're Going to Need a Bigger Boat"’ is closed to new replies.