Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Welsh Beach Recommendation – promised to take the kids tomorrow!
  • Alex

Right, help me out here. We live near Ross on Wye. I’m looking at Porthcawl or somewhere like that as it’s 1hr30 which is about the most I want to drive. I know some fab beaches out near Aberystwyth but too far for one day.

Sand, ice cream, sea. That’s about it. Although we’ll be passing CwmCarn, I’d better not 😉 If we went towards Aber, I reckon I’d be a broken man as we passed Rhyader. Some of my fav riding up there.

Anyway, Beach Guide recommeds PorthCawl. but I’m up for other recommendations> Gower is going to be too far.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

There were a couple in Wales mentioned in the timesonline’s article on the best beaches, might be of use?
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/best_of_britain/article6343059.ece

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I only really know the beaches of Pembrokeshire or the Gower. Both probably a bit far away, but the whole coast of Wales has some amazing places. Have a great day!

rustydub
    Free Member

The Beach at Barry Island is big superb sandy beach, a few things there to keep the kids amused.
    A little run down now but not as bad as Porthcawl.
    I live in Barry so a little biased.

Hairychested
    Free Member

According to Google Maps (check description):

flatback
    Free Member

head down to porthkerry park in barry, big open areas of grass, and a big pebble not sand beach area

Alex

Thanks all. Gower is 2 hrs so I might stretch to that, failing that I’ll check out the other options.

Got my bucket’n’spade, good to go 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Welsh Beach Recommendation – promised to take the kids tomorrow!’ is closed to new replies.