Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • New toy -> near instant off
  • growmac

Thought I should get around to not just lurking and say hello, and the best way to do that always seems like admitting muppetry.

So, I used a credit note and some cash to finally get myself an RS adjusty post for my Canyon AM yesterday. Fitted it last night with no problems, and headed off to Cannock this evening to try it out.

Result. Quite pleased, although operating it will take a bit of getting used to to allow subtle changes. But, sadly, it was directly responsible for my first ever stack on the Monkey. I tried to drop it coming into one of the rock gardens just past the optional black section, and as a result completely ballsed up the line in and had to bail out downhill to avoid a tree.

The good news is that I can confirm I didn’t cut the hose too short: the bars span 270 degrees and were fine. And I didn’t hurt myself much, just a graze / bruise where I caught the saddle on my leg. Still, proves that new toys don’t replace concentration! One to remember.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oops! Mate of mine had a big stack about four hundred yards in to the first ride on his new bike!

Oh, and welcome to the lunacy.

Now, what’s your position on cephalopods?

steve_b77
    Free Member

ooops, what are these rock gardens you speak of at Cannock?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Too much to fiddle about with and distract you from controlling the bike propply*.

Just stick yer seatpost at one hight and leave it there. Learn how to ride the bike over, down and and around stuff with the seat in one position. Maybe for really steep downhill stuff, drop the seat right down, but otherwise don’t distract yerself with such fiddlitude.

*Almost came off doing 40+mph down some road in Wales last week, whilst fiddling with me GPS thingy…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

whilst fiddling with me GPs thingy…

Abusing a medical professional while riding? Crikey….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😳

I don’t think she’d appreciate it tbh.

growmac

ooops, what are these rock gardens you speak of at Cannock?

I may have slightly bigged it up calling it a rock garden. More a 5 m slope made of some rocks.

And Elfinsafety, I know, I’ve held that position for years, KISS, didn’t even have a lockout and now I’m on a bike with Propedal, adjustable length forks and a stupid seat post. I think the term may be hypocrite?

It is fun on the downs though :-).

growmac

what’s your position on cephalopods?

I’m broadly very against tentacles if I’m honest. Sorry to disappoint so early in my posting career. 🙁

scaredypants

I think the term may be hypocrite?

nah, it’s “gnarly”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m broadly very against tentacles if I’m honest.

I like it. Can we keep it? Can we? Please? Can we? Can we?

tazzymtb

hmmmmm you can’t be indigenous to cannock as you appear to have used opposable thumbs, therefore you are to evolved to come from that gene pool. Be careful, if the locals see you they may burn you in a wicker man (if they can get their webbed flipper like appendages to strike a match)

julianwilson
    Free Member

fiddling with me GPS thingy…

Ha, city boy. 😛

Real countryfolk don’t even use maps, we just sniff the air and say “yargh, over there a bit”

Oh, hi growmac. 😀

growmac

Does it bioluminesce? I could respect that in a creepy tentacled mollusc… Reluctantly.

bruneep

OK! you can let it stay for a few days, if it makes a mess you can clean up after it and then it has to go.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks, Bruneep. I think it will behave well. It can spell “bioluminesce” and “mollusc” and is aware of what a cephalopod is. I think it’s going to fit in well…..

😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Real countryfolk don’t even use maps, we just sniff the air and say “yargh, over there a bit”

Yeah but you also probbly sniff each other’s bottoms and marry your sisters and do unspeakable things with animals and stuff but probbly not something you want to bang on about tbh. 😐

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yeah but you also probbly sniff each other’s bottoms and marry your sisters and do unspeakable things with animals and stuff but probbly not something you want to bang on about tbh.

City dwellers do that too though. The only difference is they pay to do those things! 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

And throw in a bit of “if you keep taking a left turn you’ll end up back at home/where you started” nothing could ever go wrong, ever 😳

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘New toy -> near instant off’ is closed to new replies.