Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Well someone might know……….
  • roper
    Free Member

Anyone here know the total mass, internally, of the average British male and female?

Just wondering,

Cheers

roper

MrNutt
    Free Member

about 68sqm if spread separately to an even thickness determined by original weight.

(I’d tell you the weight to thickness ratio but then I’d have to turn you into an “art installation” also)

joe1983
    Free Member

mass internally whats that mean?

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes what are you talking about?

takisawa2

Mass or volume ?

roper
    Free Member

err..was thinking by mm square, the total volume (size) of the average UK male and female (internal space).

Ta.

Will-M

Mass is measured in KG. Weight in Newtons and Volume in metres cubed.

nickc

Why?

even by STW’s esoteric standards, that’s pretty left field

MrNutt
    Free Member

American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol 24, 1308-1312, Copyright © 1971 by The American Society for Clinical Nutrition, Inc.
    Correlation between body volume and body mass in men

Diane K. Wakat M.S.1, Robert E. Johnson M.D., Ph.D.1, Harry J. Krzywicki M.S.1, and Lowell I. Gerber B.S.1
    1 From the Human Environmental Research Unit, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois, and the Bioenergetics Division, United States Army Medical Hospital, Denver, Colorado

A study was made of the body density of 979 United States Air Force enlisted men and associated personnel. The following measurements were made: a) body height, b) body weight, c) body volume by water displacement, and d) residual lung volume. Surface area, body volume, corrected for residual lung volume and gas in the intestinal tract, and body weight divided by volume were then computed.

There was a very close correlation between body weight and body volume, a poor correlation between body height and body volume, and a moderate correlation between body surface area and body volume. A linear equation was derived to compute volume from weight only, volume in liters = 1.015 weight (in kilograms) – 4.937. Prediction equations may be used to compute body fat, total body water, and dry fat-free mass from body weight alone.

Two implications of this study are: a) among men of military age, individuals of equal body weight have remarkably similar body composition; and b) in this same population, the larger men tend to have the lower density.

the above was an essential consideration when planning the area the liquidized bodies were to occupy.

They still have yet to be found.

takisawa2

Lie in the bath. Get someone to run the taps until your completely submerged.
    Mark a line at the water level. Climb out, letting water drain off you as you do. Measure how much water it takes to fill back up to the mark.

1ltr = 1*10^-3m^3

I reckon about 130ltrs.

johnhoo
    Free Member

and then shout “eureka”

Moses

You only just float under normal circumstances, and will sink if you exhale completely.

SO reckon on a density of 1g/ml; your volume in L is the same as your weight in Kg.

joe1983
    Free Member

when your gf said she wanted you inside her, I’m pretty sure she meant something very different

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Well someone might know……….’ is closed to new replies.