Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Weekend Riding plans?
  • jekkyl

Cannock for me on Sunday I reckon, it is Father’s day after all 😉 perhaps local tonight if the wife’ll let me.
    What have you lot got planned? I’m aware there’s some sort of mayhem thing going on! good luck and happy trails, keep it between the ditches 😀

Teetosugars
    Free Member

perhaps local tonight if the wife’ll let me.

I’m guessing that’s some kinda euphemism, right? 😉

colin9

I’m hoping to squeeze in a quick 100km on the road whilst waiting for my wife to give birth. I’ll loop back in and see her in the middle.

sandwicheater

Best of luck colin (not to you, Mrs Colin).

Hope to get the child seat on the single speed and take the boy some where.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Cannock after work this evening, road ride Saturday evening, Sunday MTB but unsure where just yet, may depend on whether my bearings have been replaced or not.

About the best I’ll manage with the broken jaw is maybe an 8 mile total out and back road pootle on the old Kona HT to Bakewell on Sunday to have a mooch round Eroica

whitestone
    Free Member

Doing the Three Dales Challenge on Sunday – it’s a Sue Ryder charity event – 64Km from Grassington over to Settle and back plus a few bits you aren’t normally allowed on.

martinhutch

Which cheeky bits are in?

stewartc
    Free Member

Broke my collarbone 2 weeks ago so no fun for me for some time, I envy everyone.

cokie

Join the Sustrans route 4 locally and see how far I can get. Not sure how clear the route is marked mind. Bad weather means the canal should be quiet.

lunge

30 miles tomorrow on the road with a couple of non-cycling mates I think. Then, hangover pending 60 more with the wife Sunday. May head out tonight too, weather pending.

ransos
    Free Member

Overnight road ride London to Brighton, then onto Portsmouth after breakfast.

whitestone
    Free Member

Which cheeky bits are in?

The path leading from Conistone over Dib Scar and along to the top end of Grassington -https://ridewithgps.com/routes/12996911

From memory there’s a stile above Dib Scar not a gate!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Avoiding the OH’s irritating teenage nephew and not so irritating niece who we’re babysitting by going out for a quick ride of my usual loop, then repeating the loop until my legs fall off and/or lights die.

Booze will be left in the house to make sure I’m not missed or to get me through the rest of the evening.

martinhutch

From memory there’s a stile above Dib Scar not a gate!

I’m pretty sure you’re right. Might be more than one, actually.

treklee
    Free Member

Few weeks off riding after acl reconstruction on Monday. ❗

carlos
    Free Member

If the MTB looks clean after last nights ride, prob an hour in the garage on the rollers later.

Should be able to get out for a local blast tomorrow morning round the Forest before home duties require being done. But that’ be decided for me by the Mrs

Sunday, dunno yet. That will be decided by the weather, maybe The Lakes, Wales or Dark Peak

prawny

Nothing for me this weekend, new bike still isn’t ready to go and weather isn’t good enough for me to bother sorting it.

160 miles commuting this week, had today off the bike because I was too hungover from watching the football yesterday and couldn’t face it.

whitestone
    Free Member

Looks like a stile to me … http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1198895

perchypanther
    Free Member

Glentress for me this weekend but no bike.

It’s my birthday tomorrow and the wife has booked a child free overnighter at the Cardrona. 😀

CheesybeanZ

Cannock for us Sunday .

chrismac

Trail centre tour for a group of us, Cwmcarn Saturday, afan Sunday, bpw Monday. Rest at work Tuesday

mark90
    Free Member

Probably take the kids out round Ashton court on sunday as the missus is at work (reminds me I need to fit the weeride back on the PA). Hopefully squeeze in a ‘me’ ride tomorrow too.

LittleNose
    Free Member

Hoping I stop coughing up green stuff so I can head out to Swinley for a lap or two on Sunday

jimdubleyou

Going to the hockey at Olympic Park on Sunday, either a local loop or a bit of roadie tomorrow.

martinhutch

Looks like a stile to me … http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1198895

Don’t cross that one! You’ll get lost in the deep dark wood! There’s an ancient burial ground in there, you know.

teamslug
    Free Member

Mayhem for me. Solo….ideally 20 laps but more than 15 is a must. Sat in the baking sun at Gatconbe at the mo. Who’d have thought it.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

I’m also doing the 3 dales challenge for Sue Rider. 38.5 miler.

Looks good, weather starting to get better so hopefully won’t be a bog in places.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Unlucky Treklee, hope the surgery went well. Same nice sounding rides on the cards

I’m going here 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

LittleMissMC is chuntering to go and ride at Hicks Lodge tomorrow, but none of the little friends she wants to show off to take along can make it. Hopefully I will persuade her to go anyway, or maybe just a local cafe pootle.

I have a pass for Sunday morning, thinking of trying my first club ride for a year as they now do a slow group as well as the fast guys. Or I might trundle up to L’Eroica for some hipster spotting.

buckster
    Free Member

Local ride tomorrow a.m., Chicksands Sunday

whitestone
    Free Member

Looks good, weather starting to get better so hopefully won’t be a bog in places.

Things have been fairly dry of late but I got absolutely soaked riding home this evening. Tomorrow is meant to be dry and most of the trails are reasonably weather proof.

fathomer

In the Lakes with the wife, had a nice walk up Cat Bells today, tomorrow we’re going Whinlatter and Sunday the Back O’ Skiddaw route (clockwise).

bikebouy
    Free Member

Did 84k along the SDW yesterday, today 112k to catch it back where I left it and rode back home. Paddle boarded in a huge thunderstorm about an hour ago.

Tomorrow will be another 130k’sh wide loop of the Hampshire Downs, Sunday I’ll give it a rest and do some paddle boarding.

If anyones interested there is a big Kitesurfing competition on at Hayling Island. They hope to break a world record by having 450 kiteeee’s out on the water at the same time.

superstu
    Free Member

My first mayhem as part of a ten man team. All with retro bikes but most will bring something modern as well. Nothing serious but should manage 3 laps each if we push it. To be honest I haven’t ridden for a month since suffering shingles and losing all energy so not sure how I’ll fair.

forge197
    Free Member

Cannock today, keeping up with my once a month riding be only 6th time out this year 😯 which means every hill will be like an epic mountain climb no doubt!. With the same elation when the summit is reached…….. 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

Road ride tomorrow, 4-5 hours but reasonably flat for around here (probably 500-800m of up in that time)

steve_b77
    Free Member

Mountain Mayhem solo in about 4 hours time, it’s no longer sunny and has been chucking it down for most of the night, targets may need to be reassessed

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]http://vimeo.com/171189161[/video]
    Saturday Skills Sessions – about a monthly occurrence hopefully no fixed route but look, ride, ask, watch, ride & repeat.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Local four towers route tomorrow – 50 ish miles off road/on road mix on cross bike. Not sure on climbing 5000 foot??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Riding plans?’ is closed to new replies.