Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Wedding suit watch help
  • shifter
    Free Member

Nice thread, like the Tissots. Bracelet every time though for me.

mark90
    Free Member

Always buy with original bracelet. Nice aftermarket leather straps are easier to get than aftermarket bracelets that fit well (end links) and look good.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Elshalimo what model is that mate?

ElShalimo

It’s a Citizen Eco-Drive AW0015-08E sometimes called a Manhattan

clicky

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

67% off!!! What a bargain

ElShalimo

I really like it and wear it to work. I went from work to a wedding recently and wore it with a suit and it still looks smart in a black stealthy way.
    It’s not an Oris or Rolex but for me its ideal as I’d be too scared to wear a £400 watch
    I think I paid nearer £75 for it in January

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Think I’ll pick one up anyway as it’s so cheap.

The tissot above is on sale so I can get that and the eco drive for way under budget.

I’ll stick a croc brown strap on and it will look awesome.

ElShalimo

Enjoy!

damitamit
    Free Member

Like that Tissot Mosey. Where is it on sale?

benp1

Its Yobokies, not Yokobies… just saying!

He did me a sterile Sinn alike based on a Seiko Military a few years ago

Its automatic so loses ‘charge’ after a day and a bit to two days, so tend to wear it in a block, rather than rotate

Very nice watch for a very good price too

You should think about whether you want a ‘dress’ watch, or a smart watch to wear everyday

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Smart watch I’ve decided.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Spin – Member
    Nothing says ‘here’s a man who’s comfortable with himself’ following the latest student fashion like a casio F-91W

And I’d never follow the advice of someone who says “I’d never buy a [whatever], but if I had to, this is it”.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Buy a watch from a long standing watch company not some piece of tat from a clothing company that flogs trendy trews.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I thought Tissot was a long standing watch company?

Which ones have I mentioned that are a clothing company?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Well just as an update, and a thanks for all your help, I went and tried a number of watches on today.

I settled on one of peterfiles options, a Tissot Tradition model, and I absolutely love it.

Here it is :-

richmars

Just stop posting watch pictures.
    Limited funds here!

MrSmith
    Free Member

Great choice, was worried you would buy one of those techy fashion watches. 🙂

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha ha ha sorry pal, I could have bought 4 or 5 today.

Couldn’t walk away from this one though.

lunge

I don’t normally like watches with black faces but that looks spot on, good choice.

peterfile
    Free Member

Excellent choice!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Thanks mate and thanks for the inspiration. Worn it out tonight and had lots of positive comments.

mark90
    Free Member

Good choice. A nice classic look. Will age well.

CountZero

And I’d never follow the advice of someone who says “I’d never buy a [whatever], but if I had to, this is it”.

Directed at me, perchance? No, I wouldn’t buy a ‘dress watch’ but that Zeppelin is actually a watch I really could live with, and is stylish enough to be almost considered a ‘dress watch’. I’ve never even heard of them prior to two weeks ago, but I could certainly see myself buying one of those, it’s a lovely looking watch.
    Oh, and Mosey, really glad you found a watch you’re happy with, that’s a classy looking watch, and well-chosen.
    Not so much to my taste, but that’s rather the point of having a shit-load of bods chucking suggestions at the wall; sooner or later, something’s gonna stick! 😀

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Wedding suit watch help’ is closed to new replies.