Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Website Creation Software for "The Cluless"…..
  • enduroexpert
    Free Member

I don't really have the time to learn HTML or some other code I'm clueless about but have the task of creating a website for our band. Anyone used any bit of web creation software thats dead simple to use yet looks pretty trick and is nice to use/update….etc….

Ta

Johnny

GaryLake
    Free Member

Moon-Stick I'm afraid… if such a thing existed I wouldn't be in a job right now…

Drac

WordPress or Joomala many hosts provide it with hosting deal dead easy to setup.

No need for a moon on a stick.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I don't really have the time to learn engineering or some other discipline I'm clueless about but have the task of creating a nuclear power station for our city. Anyone used any bit of nuclear power station software thats dead simple to use yet doesn't explode and is nice to use/update….etc 🙂

Olly
    Free Member

if i were you, i would start a "BLOG"

websites are boring, as they dont change as much

a blog thats updated with "stuff wots going on in our world" would be much more interesting

gig dates, pictures, etc.

Blogger is pretty easy to use, has some nice templates, and once your setup, the free templates are easy to butcher and customise.

iDave
    Free Member

if you have a mac, iWeb is pretty simple to use, plenty of more stylish templates available for $20 and you have won't have to listen to web designers sucking their teeth

GaryLake
    Free Member

Drac, that's fine assuming you want a wordpress or joomla template. And even then, from my experience of the "I want to make a website" types is that Worpdress and Joomla won't be that easy to use.

Drac

Drac, that's fine assuming you want a wordpress or joomla template.

Yeah it's not like there's 1000s of templates.

"I want to make a website" types is that Worpdress and Joomla won't be that easy to use.

Step by step it's not difficult.

Yes I know web gurus produce for better results but anyone wanting a simple site then they are more than sufficent, can be moded with ease and have an almost endless supply of plugins to improve them.

surfer
    Free Member

I don't really have the time to learn engineering or some other discipline I'm clueless about but have the task of creating a nuclear power station for our city. Anyone used any bit of nuclear power station software thats dead simple to use yet doesn't explode and is nice to use/update….etc

"Where you stand depends on where you sit" as they say.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I used Microsoft Frontpage for a basic website. Piece of **** to use. Might not have been the most visually exciting site ever, but it served the intended purpose. Only trouble is that I changed machines and no longer have Frontpage, so the site is sitting there unused. If you find anything that's suitable let me know.

Was recommended this:-

http://www.serif.com/webplus/webplusx2offer.asp?MC=SERPPCWP1&gclid=CNmG7J2G9J0CFUQA4wod0khcIg

but it's not free.(But it's only £30). Don't know if it's anygood, not brave enough to try it!!!!

organic355
    Free Member

WIX

nbt

NOtepad or notepad++ are both fine for creating websites, they assume you to be capable of getting off your arse and doing some work though.

stratobiker
    Free Member

For a band?

Get yourselves registered on http://www.reverbnation.com/.

alexonabike

Mr. Site

I was looking at this only last night.

enduroexpert
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice folk, I'll sit down this evening and try and get my head around all the ideas mentioned and take from there….

Much appreciated…

Cheers

Johnny

JulianA
    Free Member

One more suggestion if it's not too late:

Visual Web Developer

Easy to use, will do static pages as well as ASP.Net and completely free. What's not to like?

cbike
    Free Member

Softpress Freeway for the mac.

Even my mum can use it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Website Creation Software for "The Cluless"…..’ is closed to new replies.