Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Wearing a tie,
  • soobalias
    Free Member

Suit Up!

GrahamS

Is that Doogie Howser?

soobalias
    Free Member

if it isnt its gotta be his brother

nicko74

Perhaps I was hung in a previous life

Like in that programme, Hung? 😯

nicko74

Perhaps I was hung in a previous life

Like in that programme, Hung? 😯

Gah, doublepost. I work in the IT/meeja industry, so ties are unnecessary. hurrah! Went for an interview with another company in the IT/ meeja industry, suited and booted – my boss to be turned up in t-shirt and jeans. I think I'm going to like it there 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

IME you see less and less (sic) office based people wearing ties and the ones that do just look stuck in the past.

IME, I see more and more people looking really scruffy in suits, largely becasue they aren't able to dress themselves properly before they leave the house.

GrahamS

if it isnt its gotta be his brothet

So your argument is: wear a tie and suit so you can look like Doogie Howser?

Wouldn't an oversized white coat and stethescope be equally effective? 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

largely becasue they aren't able to dress themselves properly before they leave the house.

it might be a "fashion statement" ? Of course, some of us have a gentleman's gentleman to attend to such details…

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

IME, I see more and more people looking really scruffy in suits, largely becasue they aren't able to dress themselves properly before they leave the house.

well at least we agree less people are wearing them, but a nice shirt/suit/shoes are hardly transformed into something scruffy due to lack of a tie.

Are you by any chance quite old and even wear a tie down the allotment?

TooTall
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member
    some of us have a gentleman's gentleman to attend to such details…

Or a 'carer' as the rest of us call your assistant 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Wearing a tie,’ is closed to new replies.