Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • £100 to spend – new lights…..?
  • MoreCashThanDash

So, the birthday fairy was more generous than usual, and I have £100-ish to spend. And my ageing Lumicycle halogen lights are looking a bit dull and heavy compared to what's out there now.

A mate has an AirBike light from On One which emits plenty of light for the kind of riding we do. Then a quick trawl of ebay turned up these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10W-SSC-P7-LED-900-LUMENS-BIKE-CYCLE-LIGHT-V-POWERFUL-/150429521475?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Cycling_Bike_Lights&hash=item23064c5643

Which made me wonder what else might be out there for around the £100 mark?

Any suggestions?

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

2 of the above light from deal extreme

andrewh
    Free Member

Wouldn't usually recomend Hope stuff but Igot a brand new Single Vision for about £60 on fleabay and it's been great.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149

These are great value, dont know what delivery times are like now. I believe they make a helmet mounted version too.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Just make sure anything from ebay with handlebar brackets fit 31.8mm bars before you order-it makes for lots of faffing around after you bouy them if they are only made for small diameter bars.

MoreCashThanDash

I'd seen the Hope ones, they were on my possibles list to. And I only have this bars on the MTB anyway!

Will have a look at Deal Extreme – presumably quicker delivery in the summer now the busiest time has gone?

z1ppy

+3 for 2x magicshine units (on one but half the price)

Northwind

At this price, if despite knowing about the Dealextreme options you buy anything else, you're most likely an idiot tbh.

chappers
    Free Member

2x deal extreme ones for me too. Now one on the bike and one on my helmet. Delivery can take a month. If you want to order from the UK and get the same thing but with a 3pin UK plug you can try here. It'll cost £80 each though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘£100 to spend – new lights…..?’ is closed to new replies.